CHAPTER 13

Jung kook looked at taehyung, his eyes filled with guilt. He let the angel got the better of him. His emotions, thoughts and action. Whatever he did before wasn't him, he wasn't sure if that self blame was from his brain, or from the angel's whispering.

In the matter of less than a day, Jeonghan seemed to be in total control of Jung kook's body. The raven haired couldn't even think straight as he kept one wrecking his mind for the correct thought, his private thoughts. Not the corrupted ones that Jeonghan had implanted in his head.

And Jung kook was worried about his Taehyung, the boy only gave him the worst vision he could ever imagined. After the kiss, after Jung kook re-opened his eyes, the only thing he could see from his clouded eyes were the color red and splatter of blood of Taehyung's pain-etched face.

Pain-etched?

What did he do wrong?

The hurtful words? The fight? Or is it the kiss?

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to say that..." Jung kook apologized, getting up. Taehyung took his hand away from Jung kook's face and looked down to his feet. Jung kook got a weird feeling his gut, a certain free-falling feeling, mixed in butterflies in his stomach. The kiss felt electrifying, Jung kook could still feel the warmth of Taehyung's lips, the passion...

the guilt.

" You know, the things you said got me thinking." Taehyung spoke up, not taking his brown eyes off his shoes. "The angels, the shadowmen... the spiritual world."

Jung kook looked at Taehyung, whose shoulders shook, his body flickering like an unstable hologram.

" I have never met your father, based on your story... he seemed to be a mad man." Taehyung continued. " You seemed to be grieving about something that you haven't had the chance to tell me."

Jung kook knew what he was talking about, the sin that he did not p=have the power to cleanse from his body. The sin written in red, locked up in a metal cage within the depths of his thoughts. It was permanently written there, etched in his brain.

"What is it?"

Jung kook snapped out of his daze and looked at Taehyung, who was looking at the younger boy. Jung kook could not seem to bring himself to look at the brunette dead in the eye, he was always hiding something, trying to twist his tale of woe so that Taehyung wouldn't ask for more information. But at these times, Jung kook let the cat out of the bag and even spilled the beans. Two major things were out, and it came directly from his mouth. The bottled up feelings were starting to break free, and Jung kook was trying his best to suppress them back down. Building a brick wall all around it.

But after some time, brick corrodes, and with the help of more curious questioning from Taehyung, the brick wall collapse, and the feelings escaped.

But... Being a stubborn child, Jung kook refused to open his mouth.

"You must be hungry. You haven't eaten for so long, I'll help you cook some ramen. " Jung kook hastily said to fill the awkward tension around. No waiting for a response, Jung kook rushed to the kitchen to make food fro them. He filled the pot with water and brought out two packets of noodles, then proceeded to make the meal.

Jung kook remembered that he hadn't been able to step foot in the kitchen for a long time. His mother didn't allow him to. Saying that she didn't want him, her precious baby boy, to get hurt. But being a teen, Jung kook couldn't help but break some rules at home. He ripped open the ramen packet and threw in the seasoning. He stared at the simmering water and the bubbling noodles. He saw himself in the reflection of the stainless steel pot, thin face, pale skin and messy black hair.