CHAPTER 34

Jisoo was trying his best to forge forward as his brother pushed him away with a blast of ice. He had no choice but to fight back, he was doing so for defense, not offense. He tried explaining, but he was cut off by Mingyu locking his arm around his neck. He was pulled back, his neck pressing against Mingyu's muscled arm.

"Let me go! I can explain!"

"No traitor should be allowed to explain. Your time is over Jisoo, retrieve your shadowmen and we have to return." Jeonghan said.

"NEVER!" Jisoo yelled, kicking Mingyu aside. He summoned three pillars of light from the ground. Beams of white light shot upward and hits the ceiling. It shot through Junhui and JIhoon. "I told you that I can explain! And I am not going with you if I don't get the chance of explaining my side of the story!"

"THERE IS NO STORY IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Jeonghan screamed. "THERE IS ONLY BETRAYAL FROM YOU AND OUR KNIGHTS!" The ice angel had a smirk on his face, his irises burned electric blue, brighter than Mingyu's hair. Jisoo took a step back, his heart pounding against his rib cage, he could hear blood rushing at his ear and he couldn't process anything through his mind.

"Jeonghan." Jisoo said carefully, placing his hand in front of him as a defensive stand.

"Jisoo." Jeonghan said, his voice in a sharp tone. The air around them buzzed. The other brothers gathered around Jeonghan, Seungcheol being the last to land. He faced Jisoo, his fists wrapped in flames, his eyes changing colors. From red to orange to yellow. They were mad, crazy and angry.

"Please, I am still with you. But they did nothing wrong!" The lone angel tried explaining.

"What? You mean making a deal with angels and not getting anything out of it is fair? Taehyung started everything, and you. You decided to help the pathetic human, you changed the shadowmen, Jisoo." Wonwoo bit back, balling up his fists. His eyes darkened and as he opened his mouth to speak, black hands sprouted from the marble flooring, faces started to emerge, they were souls of the lost and dead. They were swimming towards Jisoo, the angel flapped his wings and hovered in the air.

"This is your mistake Jisoo." Junhui added on. "You are the descendant of God, you should know better."

"I do! I just-!" One hand grabbed onto his leg and the angel panicked, setting it off, he gained more altitude and flew out of a window. He could hear bickering back in the house. He flew to the air, trying his best to out fly his brothers, he opened up a portal and crashed into it. He emerged from the swirling portal and landed back on his throne. His head hitting the white throne. The portal sealed shut and he sighed, slumping down his throne. He examined the palace, his eyes looking at the white ceiling.

Without him by the other twelves' side, the castle would slowly crumble away. The whole realm would. His eyes crept towards Seungcheol's throne.

"You can't. It is wrong to steal his scepter." Jisoo warned himself, tearing his eyes away from the powerful objects. "It belonged to him, the other chose him as a leader, and I must still follow it."

Despite the reminder, Jisoo couldn't help but catch himself staring at the symbol of power on the chair.

Maybe the scepter chooses you. That could be a great explanation. But how would Jisoo know, he had been under his brothers' wing for so long, he couldn't bear to betray them. However, all these things have been done, it was too late. Jisoo stood up and opened up his wings, the feathers dropping and the dust danced in the air. Jisoo dragged his feet towards Seungcheol's throne.

"I cannot do this." He said, turning around, bringing his hands together. "This is wrong."

Maybe it can be yours. Maybe the scepter chooses you.

Jisoo turned around and with a heavy heart, he grabbed the two scepters, his fingers wrapping around the gold and silver scepters. He held it up, put in a cross shape and light emerged from the scepters. The jewels reflected the bright white light and shine rainbows onto the castle walls.

He tried to let it go, but Jisoo couldn't. It was as if his hands were stuck holding the scepters.

The kingship belongs to you. You are the rightful King.

Jisoo screams and threw the scepters away, the light faded away and both clattered onto the ground.

"I am not the king!"

~
Short ass chapter. I have to get this out of the way. Sorry mate