Chapter One

Arnav Singh Raizada: a name that was very well known throughout not only the entire college campus, but the entire city as well. He was the most popular student in the entire college. The guy had it all: money, fame, and the girls. His family was rich and on campus, almost all of the girls swooned for him. Especially since he was captain of the soccer, football, and basketball teams. But there was one thing he wanted that he couldn't easily get: Khushi Kumari Gupta.

Khushi Kumari Gupta, unlike the rest of the student body, didn't care about Arnav Singh Raizada. Her studies were what mattered the most, needing to be perfect at it. While everyone went to see the captain play in his games, she would stay home and study. While all the girls in college would dress up and try to impress Arnav, she dressed simple and didn't care at all.

That was what Arnav loved about her; she was simple. She wasn't like everyone else, who only wanted to get to know him so that they could be popular. Khushi wasn't like the other girls, who would go to parties and throw themselves at him. She was nice, kind, and simple. And she was beautiful in her own way.

Not only was she that, but she was very smart as well. Especially when it came to math.

Arnav and Khushi had Calculus and they were in the same class. Arnav would sit with Akash and NK - his cousins, while Khushi would sit with her cousin Payal and her sister Seema.

Every now and then, Arnav kept passing sly glances at Khushi. Their professor hadn't come in yet, so everyone was chatting away. Everyone but Khushi, that is. She was reviewing her notes from her last year Trigonometry class, since they would be reviewing it in class for the next few weeks.

Soon the headmaster came in and told them that their professor had to leave under short notice. There was no one to substitute and the headmaster had work to do, so class would be cancelled. Instead, the students would have to stay at the student lounge, and everyone was more than happy.

They piled into the room, Arnav, Akash, and NK taking their spot. They hung out near the huge flat screen, where there were nice loungers to relax on. People crowded around them while Khushi, Payal, and Seema studied.

Someone crumpled up a paper ball and they tossed it around. It went to Arnav and Arnav threw it, the paper ball landing on Khushi's book. She got mad and stood up, pissed.

"Whose is this," she questioned.

Arnav stood up and went over to her. "Mine."

"Well, would you be so kind and NOT throw this all over the place?"

"Relax, we're just having fun. Why not join us?"

He moved in closer to her and she put her book in between them.

"No thank you Mr. Raizada. Here, take your stupid ball," she said, taking his hand and placing the paper ball on it.

Arnav felt something rush through him as she touched him. He looked at her, Khushi still quite pissed.

"Besides," she continued, "you're very fond of balls so it would be wrong to take it away from you."

That snapped Arnav out of his thoughts. "Whoa, what's that supposed to mean?"

"Is Mr. Raizada clueless too?"

"I didn't think a nerd like you had a sense of humor," he smirked lightly.

"Well I do, and don't call me a nerd Mr. I-play-with-balls-all-day-cause-I-need-them-to-survive!"

"Whoa! Nanav," NK hollered, "She's trying to insult you!"

"Nope," Khushi replied. "I'm just saying that he has no manhood."

"Burn," the other students screamed out.

"Yo Arnav! You gonna take that," someone yelled.

"From a nerd," another yelled.

But Arnav wasn't paying attention. He was to busy admiring how feisty Khushi was.

She looks beautiful when she's angry, he thought.

"What's wrong Mr. Raizada," Khushi smirked. "Cat got your tongue?"

Arnav didn't reply and Khushi rolled her eyes and turned on her heels to leave. Payal and Seema followed behind, and Akash and NK got up to join their brother.

"Bhai," Akash began, "how come you didn't say anything to her?"

"Yeah Nanav," NK said. "How come?"

Arnav kept seeing Khushi's face in his mind; how she gave him such a confident look and that smirk. Oh that smirk... it gave Arnav a good feeling.

"Don't worry," Arnav said, "I won't let go of her so easily."