Chapter Twenty

Eventually, Seema got herself together and she went to the bathroom and checked her reflection, fixing herself up. She arranged her hair properly, covering the hickey's with her hair. She found Khushi and Payal and they asked where she had been and she simply said that she was around, dancing.

That night, Seema sat in front of her vanity table, removing her jewelry. She still couldn't believe that she had been making out with NK - that her first kiss was with him. Seema thought about what had happened earlier that night - how he had her leaned up against the wall, how he was kissing her, how he had ran his tongue on her flesh… his velvety  tongue… and his soft lips.

Seema couldn't help herself but blush at the thought. But then she thought of something. 

How am I gonna face him tomorrow? 

She bit her fingernail, a bad habit she had picked up from Khushi. 

Wait a minute! It wouldn't matter; we were all in masks. He wouldn't know if it was me.

She let out a sigh of relief and changed out of her dress and got into her pjs. She turned off the lights and grabbed her huge teddy and snuggled into it. She couldn't help but think of NK. His face, his eyes, smile, everything. She smiled and blushed and when she turned, her eyes widened.

"Nanheji?"

Looking back at her were those eyes she had been thinking about. She got up and turned on the light, and looked back.

"What are you-" but he wasn't there anymore.

She looked around her room and didn't see him.

Of course you won't silly, she thought and lightly slapped herself. Why would he be here?

She laid down again and couldn't wait for tomorrow, so she quickly fell asleep, a smile spread across her face.

*~*

The next morning, Seema was happier than usual. Everyone noticed it and got curious.

"What's up Seema," Khushi asked as she poured her cereal in her bowl. "You seem pretty happy today."

"I don't know Jiji. I feel… different."

"And by different you mean what," Payal asked.

"I don't know… different."

"I think something is wrong with her," Chutki said.

"Shut up! I'm perfectly fine. Why? Can't a person just be happy?"

"Yeah… but you're being weird happy Didi."

Seema frowned. "Oh well," and she stuck her tongue out at Chutki.

Chutki stuck her tongue back.

"Will you two stop," Garima chuckled.

They did and everyone finished up with their breakfast, the girls finishing up first. They left to the kitchen to wash up and Garima got up to leave, when Shashi grabbed her hand.

"What are you doing," she asked.

He made her sit back down. "It's been a while since you and I have had time alone.

"So?"

"So? Can't I have time with my wife? Just because I'm almost an old man, doesn't mean I can't romance with my wife."

"Will you control yourself? You have three grown daughters, not to mention a very young and smart one as well."

"So? They understand enough."