Chapter Forty Six

The girls worked away, helping to get all of the work done. Chutki went with Hari Prakash to get all of the flowers while Khushi, Payal, and Seema got things done in the living room. The door bell rang and Deviyani got the door. It was the laundry man and Mami came rushing down. 

"Hello, hi, bye, bye," Mami exclaimed. "My sari is all good, yes?"

"Yes," the man replied.

He put the bundle down and opened it up and handed Mami her sari and she put it against herself. 

"Hello, hi, bye, bye! I look so bootiful. Hello, hi, bye, bye," she exclaimed and she left. 

Nani shook her head and got the rest of the clothes. She looked at the laundry man and an idea flew into her head. "Khushi betiyan? Payal betiyan? Seema betiyan?"

The three looked at her. 

"Could you three come here please."

The girls went over to her and Deviyani spoke. 

"Could you three help me put everyone's stuff away?"

"Sure," Khushi said. 

Perfect. She smiled and picked up some of them. "These are mine and Anjali betiyan's, as well as Dhamatji's. I'll take these up. Meanwhile, Seema betiyan, could you take these up to Nanhe's room?"

Seema took the clothes and meekly nodded and left. 

"Payal betiyan, could you take these to Akash's room?"

Payal nodded slightly and took the clothes and left. 

"And Khushi betiyan, could you take these and put them in Arnav's room?"

Khushi nodded. "Sure Naniji," and she left. 

Deviyani watched as the three girls disappeared upstairs. She couldn't help but to smile. It's funny how they didn't ask for directions... they still remember from last time. 

While this was happening Chutki saw everything and wondered. When she saw Deviyani smiling, she got even more curious. 

What is Naniji up to, Chutki wondered. 

Chutki looked up and saw her sisters leave and wondered. 

Could Naniji be trying to get the three couples together again? If she is, will it work? 

Chutki remembered the first time the boys came to their home and how desperate they were to see the girls. Based on what she had heard, the boys were now much more stern.

They're probably robotic now, Chutki thought to herself. 

Although the girls thought she didn't know, Chutki knew everything about NK kissing another girl, Akash doubting Payal and judging her character, and how Khushi had given Arnav the mouth-full for making his brothers break up with her sisters. 

As much as she hated what they did, a part inside of Chutki made her think Arnav wasn't behind all this at all - he didn't do anything. Chutki thought he was innocent and that her Khushi didi was wrong.

~
Well, people do say that the young ones are always the wiser ones 🤷‍♀️
Let's go low with 20 stars this time