Chapter Twenty Two

The entire day, Payal kept thinking about her dream. She kept debating with herself, one side saying that something was wrong, the other side saying that she was just being stupid and that it's almost that time of the month.

By the time her biology class started, Payal had made up her mind and she chose to ignore her dream. She was going to pretend she never had the dream. Soon, the other students came pouring in to class and Akash came in as well.

Just ignore the dream, Payal said to herself in her head. Just act normal.

"Hey Payal," Akash said, as he sat down beside her.

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"Not much."

"How was your weekend?"

"Good. You?"

"Good."

Akash was getting a weird vibe off of Payal. He didn't know why, but he simply was. It seemed weird but he decided to ignore it. They had their lesson but Akash looked so clueless at the end of class, Payal couldn't help herself but to laugh.

"What," Akash asked innocently.

"You shudda seen the look on your face," and she laughed even more.

Finally, after all of class, Akash wasn't getting that weird vibe anymore.

"Did you get any of it," Akash asked.

"Yeah, I mean come on, it's reproduction."

"So?"

"So? It's easy. Quite interesting if you ask me."

He widened his eyes and lifted an eyebrow at her.

"What," Payal asked innocently, mocking Akash.

Akash rolled his eyes and then smiled at her. "Shall we?"

"We shall," and both got up and left the room.

"Oh, by the way," Akash said, turning back to her. "You think you could tutor me on this topic?"

"Uh... sure?"

"Is that a yes or a no," Akash asked, kinda confused.

"Um... yes?"

Akash scrunched his eyebrows.

"I mean yeah, I will."

"Great. Uh, how about today? After class?"

"Sure."

"Alright. Uh, meet you at the lab?"

"See you then."

Akash smiled and turned away to leave. Payal couldn't help but to smile. She was looking forward to seeing Akash later and she couldn't help herself but to feel giddy, smiling away.

*~*

There was basketball practice today and the boys were nothing but serious. They practiced a lot and put in a lot of effort. The game was this Saturday and the whole team looked forward to it, as well as the rest of the student body. Pressure, huh? But that doesn't mean that the boys couldn't have distractions, right?

When practice was over, Arnav turned to find Khushi walking through the doors.

"Hey Khushi! What are you doing here?"

"I don't know. I just... felt like coming here."

Arnav looked at her questioningly. "Really?"

"Uh huh. So... how was practice?"