Chapter Two

Khushi hated dealing with snobs like Arnav. Just because they were rich, it didn't mean that they were everything. Khushi got frustrated and couldn't wait to get home.

Eventually the day was over and Khushi and Payal were waiting for Seema. All of a sudden a girl shrieked.

"Look at Arnav's BMW!"

The entire student body turned and ran to Arnav's car as he pulled in, his cousin Akash sitting in the passenger seat.

"Damn it," Arnav yelled. "Where the hell is NK?"

"Where did Seema go," Khushi wondered aloud.

Eventually Seema came and she went over to her sister and cousin. They began to walk when behind her, NK went running to Arnav's car.

"Sorry Nanav, something important came up," he said.

"Whatever," and Arnav pulled away.

He stopped at a red light, while Khushi, Payal, and Seema waited for the hand to change to the walking man. Arnav gazed at Khushi, while she paid no attention to him.

She's beautiful, he thought.

But not only was Arnav gazing away, but Akash was gazing away, too. He couldn't help but to gaze at Payal.

She's beautiful, Akash thought.

And not only were these two gazing, but NK was gazing away, as well. He gazed away at Seema, and she noticed. She tucked her hair behind her ear and shied away.

She's beautiful, NK thought.

The light changed to green, but Arnav was stuck in a trance. People from behind got pissed and honked their horns, bringing all three boys back to reality. The hand turned into the walking man, and Khushi, Payal, and Seema walked away, Seema glancing back to look at NK.

Arnav pulled away and drove home to Raizada Mansion. Their worker, Hari Prakash, opened the door and they went in and sat down in the living room.

"Di," Arnav called out, as he texted away on his blackberry.

"Coming Chote!"

Arnav heard his sister's payals clinking and looked up. His sister, Anjali Shyam Jha, wife of the famous lawyer, Shyam Jha. She had been married for quite a while now, but because her husband saw how much she loved her family, he decided he'd live as a ghar jamai. He only cared about his wife's happiness and if she would get hurt the slightest bit, Shyam would do whatever it took to make her happy again, and destroy whatever it was that hurt his love.

"Back already Chote? No practice today?"

"No, today's just a day to relax."

"You? And relax? As if! You always worry about the office later on."

"Well yeah, but that's what Aman is there for; to take care of the business while I go to school."

She shook her head. "So boys, what do you guys want? Lemonade anyone?"

"Sure," the three boys said and Anjali got up and went to the kitchen.

"I wonder where Ma is," Akash said. "Ma!"

"Hello, hi, bye, bye!"

They looked up and saw Manorama.

"Kahe callwa kare ho Akash bitwa? Why calling?"

"Nothing Ma, just checking if you were home."

"Where else would I be, eh?"

"Kahe Manorama?"