Chapter Ninety Four

It was a beautiful day and the feelings of anxiety was increasing for everyone. Four days had passed since the bachelorette party.

The door bell rang and Garima was busy in the kitchen.

"Suniye ji! Please get the door," Garima hollered.

"Okay," and Shashi got the door. He opened it up and was in shock. "Waqar...?"

*~*

At the Raizada house, the environment was very serious. The whole family was down in the family room, stuck in thought, while the boys were outside playing basketball. When they came in, they saw their family all tensed and worried, so they went upstairs to join them.

"What's wrong," Arnav asked.

Everyone else looked at each other and sighed.

"What is it," Akash asked.

No one said a word and Padmini looked like she was gonna cry.

"Okay seriously," NK said. "What is going on?"

Anjali couldn't control for long and had a tear going down her cheek.

"Di?" Arnav went over to his sister. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

She couldn't even look at her brother.

"Di, look at me. Look at me."

He tried to make her face him, but she wouldn't.

"Di?" But she didn't budge. Arnav looked up at Shyam. "Jeejaji?"

But Shyam said nothing, placing his hand on her shoulder, Anjali holding it, pursing her lips.

"Oh for crying out loud, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON," Arnav roared.

Everyone jumped and got scared.

"WELL?!"

Anjali couldn't stand her brother this furious and held his hand. Arnav looked down at his sister and she stood up, a sad expression on her face.

"Chote..."

"What's wrong Di?" He cupped her face. "Tell me."

"Chote, voh..."

"What Di?"

"Voh..."

"Voh what?!"

"...The alliances were broken."

Arnav, Akash, and NK looked at Deviyani. "What," all three breathed.

Deviyani gulped, no expression on her face. "Haan... the alliances were broken."

The boys felt their worlds crashing over. All three had their eyes wide and couldn't believe what was going on. Deviyani's words weren't syncing in and the boys looked at their family, wanting to know if this was really true.

NK looked at Padmini, and she looked back at her son, tears flowing down, her covering her mouth, trying to control herself. Akash looked at his parents and Manorama just couldn't look at the state of her son, and started to cry on her husbands shoulder. His father couldn't even meet his eyes and looked down, upset, trying to calm Manorama. Arnav had it the worse and looked at his Di, not being able to believe any of this, but Anjali bit onto her lip tight, as she cried, tears flowing down her cheeks. Arnav looked at Shyam, but Shyam couldn't meet his face, and comforted Anjali.

"Nani," Arnav said, his voice almost cracking, "please tell me this is a joke."

Deviyani said nothing.

"Dadi, please tell us something," Akash pleaded.

But she said nothing.

"Nani please. Please say something," NK exclaimed.

But she remained silent.

Arnav walked over to her and held her hands. "Please," he asked, his voice cracking.

Deviyani couldn't take the state of his grandsons and started to cry. She pulled Arnav in and cried and cried, unable to take the pain of what her grandsons were feeling. Akash and NK stumbled, unable to believe what they were hearing. Arnav was frozen still, his heart breaking.

No, he said in his head. Khushi can't do this to me. This... this can't be real!

Arnav caressed Deviyani's face and made her look at him. "Nani, this is all a joke right? Tell me it's all a joke!"

Deviyani just cried, unable to see her grandson acting like this.

"Who told you the wedding was off? Huh? Was it some creep? I'll kill them for such a joke."

Deviyani opened her mouth but Arnav continued.

"Or was it someone in her family? Did Khushi get scared? Does she have cold feet? It's okay! I'll tell her everything will be fine-"

"Her father called this morning," Deviyani cried.

Arnav was confused.

"He pulled off the wedding, saying he found three other boys for his girls."

"What?"

"Haan! And," she sniffled, "and he said that the alliance was created back when the girls were children."

"What? I... this..." Arnav was at loss of words.

NK was getting mad and got up and stormed downstairs.

"Nanhe," Padmini called after him. "Nanhe! Nanhe beta come back! Please come back," she cried.

But NK stepped out of the house, texting Seema to meet him at the park.

Akash couldn't control his anger as well and stormed down the stairs as well, texting Payal to meet him at the diner.

"Akash bitwa," Manorama called after him. "Akash bitwa, nahi! Comez backwa!" But he was already gone.

Anjali feared what was next to come. She knew her brothers could get angry, but her Chote? He was the worst.

Deviyani noticed the worry in Anjali's eyes and looked at Arnav. His eyes were bloodshot red, hot tears flowing down his cheeks. He was mad- no, FURIOUS. His body was shaking from anger and everyone else gulped, scared of his anger.

Arnav stood up immediately and everyone looked at him scared. His body was pumping with blood, his blood boiling over. His fists were clenched and anger was all over his face.

Anjali got worried. "Chote-"

But before she could continue, Arnav stormed down the stairs and stormed out the door, slamming the door behind him. He texted Khushi immediately, telling her to meet him near their old college campus.