Chapter Thirty Seven

Khushi woke up bright and early and got ready. Today would be her first day at her new job and she couldn't wait. Khushi got ready and went downstairs for breakfast. Seema was already downstairs, preparing to leave for work. 

"Morning Jiji," Seema said. "Excited."

"No, more like nervous."

"Don't worry. I'm sure everything will be fine."

"I hope so too. … what if I mess up?"

"You? Mess up? The one who always tried to be perfect in college? Even the one who was too serious about pre-school?"

"Shut up. I'm just saying-"

"Jiji relax! Everything will be fine."

"Okay… I guess I'll see you there then."

"Okay, see ya."

Seema headed out to work. She had been appointed at the same place Khushi got hired, just a week ago. Khushi finished up her breakfast and headed upstairs to get ready. Just as she was about to leave, she looked at herself in the mirror. 

"Whoa… take deep breaths Kush," she said aloud to herself. 

Khushi checked herself and headed out. She drove over to the office and parked in the parking lot. 

Alright Kush, she said in her head, you can do this. 

She got out of the car and went into the building. Khushi looked around, remembering back to two weeks ago, when she came for her interview. It seemed so big back then and now it seemed like every step she took, the place kept getting bigger and bigger, stretching out. 

Khushi walked in the woman at the main desk welcomed her. 

"Welcome to AR Group of Industries," the receptionist smiled.

Khushi smiled and nodded slightly and headed in. Everyone was busy working and Khushi looked at everyone as she passed their desks. 

"Ahem."

Khushi turned and looked at a woman.

"You're Khushi, right?"

"Yeah. You're…?"

"I'm Lavanya. I'm the boss's secretary, well, one of them now."

"Oh, so I guess I'll be working with you then?"

"Uh huh. Come, I'll show you to your room."

Khushi nodded and followed behind Lavanya as they went through the office. Khushi's room was big and spacious. She placed her bag down on her new desk and took in the sight of her room.

"So this is where you'll be working," Lavanya smiled. 

Khushi lightly smiled back. 

"Oh yeah, you didn't meet our boss did you?"

"No."

"I didn't think so. He wasn't even in the country then. He was out doing business."

"Oh…. Is he a big man?"

"Oh yeah, he's very successful. But not just in business, but with the ladies too."

"Really?"

"Uh huh. Almost every girl in this office swoons for him, although, we've never really seen him like that. We've only seen him on video chats."

"How come?"

"Who knows but he looks really good. Heck, he's really hot! And now that he's here, all the girls are going to go crazy. Oh, and by the way, it's not just one boss, but three bosses."

"Really?"

"Uh huh. It's the main boss and his brothers but you'll be meeting and working for the main guy."

The two ladies went out and up the stairs to the boss's room and Khushi looked around. 

"Wow! It's amazing," Khushi said. 

"It's the best seat in the house."

"You can see everything from up here!"

"Yup. Alright, let me explain everything to you."

Lavanya explained all of the work and rules to Khushi. Meanwhile, outside, a car pulled up. Out came two men and they walked in to AR Group of Industries. The receptionist immediately stood up at the sight of them and gulped. 

"Good Morning Sirs."

The two men simply nodded and went in. The receptionist watched them in daze as they passed. The workers looked up and saw the two men, and stood up immediately. 

"Good Morning Sirs," everyone said together. 

The two walked up to the steps, when they stopped there. 

"Akash, why don't you go talk to Mr. Roy and finalize the deal."

Akash nodded and he left. The other man went up the stairs and the workers sat down, but the ladies looked up, trying to get a glimpse of him. 

"Alright Khushi, do you get it," Lavanya asked. 

Khushi simply smiled and nodded, and Lavanya smiled back. All of a sudden Lavanya's smile dropped. She stood up properly and spoke. 

"G-good morning sir."

The man sat down in his chair and leaned back.

Khushi turned around and her eyes widened. No... no, no, no, there is no way this is reality!

Lavanya slightly nudged Khushi and Khushi snapped back to reality. 

"G-good morning sir," Khushi said.

Arnav Singh Raizada leaned back in his chair. "Good morning."

~
When your morning starts off crappy and depressing, what better way than to update to lift up my depressed ass? Goal is 10 stars, have at it.