Chapter Sixteen

Before it was even 2 o'clock; Arnav was standing outside of Study hall. He waited anxiously for Khushi. But while he waited, every student that passed by, stared at Arnav, their jaws dropped.

Of all people to be at Study hall, Arnav was the last person that would ever be there. This guy was too busy practicing for games, socializing, and flirting with girls. To see Arnav outside of Study hall was a miracle.

Once the hall cleared up, Arnav saw Khushi, and she didn't look happy. Why would she be? She didn't want to tutor a person like Arnav Singh Raizada.

"Hey," Arnav said, finally letting his breath out.

"Hi. Aren't you... early."

"Yeah, um... I got out... early."

"I see... okay. Shall we go in?"

He nodded and held the door open for Khushi.

Wow, a snob but a gentleman, she thought. Not bad.

Khushi walked in and Arnav followed behind.

Ever watch the movie Main Hoon Na? Remember the part when Lucky went to study at the library (or whatever it was) to do some paper? Remember how everyone stared at him? Well my friends, you can picture that right here, because everyone in Study hall stared wide eyed, jaws dropped. Even the professor in charge stared in shock.

"Isn't that Arnav," a person whispered out loud.

Arnav felt awkward and quickly followed Khushi. They sat down at a table in the back and everyone wondered why he was here.

"So," Khushi said, placing her bag down, "shall we begin?"

"Um... okay."

"Alright. Well then, Trigonometry isn't just that alone. It's also a part of Algebra 2."

"Oh! I remember that. I took a regent on it when I was in high school in New York."

"Do you remember anything?"

"Nope. I didn't even know anything when I took the test."

"Then how did you pass?"

"Simple. I cheated," he shrugged.

"Unbelievable." Khushi shook her head and got out her old notes. "Let's start with basic Algebra, 'kay?"

He simply shrugged.

"What's the value of x if 2x^2+8=-20?"

"I don't know."

"You won't know unless you do the work."

"I don't know how to."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah."

"Then how did you pass algebra?!"

"... cheating?"

Khushi rolled her eyes and groaned, covering her face with her hands. She bent her fingers down, exposing her eyes and she looked at him. Arnav couldn't help but gaze into her eyes.

Khushi shook her head and sat up straight. "Okay. Let me teach you."

Khushi began to explain how to do the problem, but Arnav wasn't paying attention. He gazed away at Khushi as she spoke, mesmerized by her beautiful eyes.

"So do you understand it now Arnav? Arnav?"

He was lost and she snapped in his face.

"Huh?"

"Don't tell me you weren't paying attention."

"Uh... I did?"

"Ugh!" She shut her eyes and took in a deep breath. "I'll explain again, and this time, listen."