Chapter Eight

"Seema, something is wrong, so don't deny it," Khushi said.

The entire time these girls were sitting down, not once did Seema say a word. She was so lost in thought that she didn't even hear what Khushi had said.

"Seema? Seema?!"

"Huh? Oh... sorry Jiji, did you say something?"

Khushi looked at her blankly. "Okay, there is definitely something wrong with you."

Seema shook her head but Payal put a hand up and spoke.

"There's no point in denying it Seema. Just tell us so we can help you."

Seema sighed and looked at her hands and then around. "I don't think you can help."

"Why not?"

"Cause my brain needs to be destroyed," she mumbled.

"What," Khushi asked. "I didn't understand."

"It's okay Jiji, just talking to myself. Anyways, I don't wanna talk about it, 'kay? I just wanna relax."

"Okay...."

Payal just nodded and all three relaxed, resting back on their recliners.

Inside, Chutki was looking around for the girls. The boys looked around too, until all of a sudden they stopped. They felt their hearts race.

She's near, all three thought.

They looked around, when their eyes trailed to a window and they looked out. It was the backyard and the boys looked carefully, when they found the girls, relaxing.

"Why are you guys standing," Chutki asked.

She looked out for herself and saw Khushi, Payal, and Seema.

"Alright! Let's go to the backyard," Chutki said, and the boys followed behind.

Chutki led them out to the backyard, but the Gupta's backyard was huge. They had a huge pool and a Jacuzzi. Near it, they had an area for barbecuing and there was a huge table and chairs. There was also a gazebo and it was huge!

The girls heard one of the back doors open and they looked up. A bunch of workers came out and they were holding huge rolls.

"Looks like the tarps are here," Payal said.

"You mean the ones for the gazebo," Seema asked.

Payal nodded.

"Since they'll be working, we should go in," Khushi said. "Shall we?"

The other two nodded and they went in. Little did these girls know that behind all the workers were the boys. They were so close to the girls, but then got cut off by the workers. After the workers finished passing through, the girls were gone.

"Are you kidding me," NK exclaimed.

"Not again," Akash whined.

"Some luck," Arnav groaned.

Chutki cocked an eyebrow and stared at the three. "Aren't you three... patient."

They felt embarrassed and tried to act chill.

"Let's go look for them again."

Inside, Khushi, Payal, and Seema were in the kitchen.

While Khushi and Payal were having ice cream, Seema was making fried chicken. It was Seema's most craved food. Normally when the girls got nervous or had any other problems, they craved food. Khushi would crave jalebi's, Payal would crave samosas, and Seema craved fried chicken.

"The poor girl," Khushi said, waving her spoon, watching Seema.

"I know right," Payal replied. "But if she won't say anything, then what can we do?"

"I don't have a clue."

Seema finished up and laid out her plate, piled up with food.

"What did you do," Khushi joked, "take all the chicken we had in the house?"

"Shut up," Seema yelled. She puffed out a sigh and began to eat- more like she devoured everything. "Want some," she asked, food in her mouth.

The girls were disgusted and shook their heads.

"Okay, more for me!"

They watched as she devoured everything, making sure she got every bit of meat of the bone. Once she finished, she sat on a stool and drank a whole glass of water.

Seema sighed. "That felt good," and she rested her chin on her hands.

The two looked at her wide eyed and blinked.

"You're crazy," Payal said.

"And fat," Khushi said.

"Am not," Seema yelled. "Look at my tummy!"

And she's right. For some reason, these girls barely gained weight. You'd think that they barely eat, when you look at them, but boy would you be wrong. At dinner, these girls would pile food on their plates and then they would devour everything.

"I'm bored," Seema said, "I wanna dance."

"Same here," Payal said.

"Let's go," Khushi said, and they all went upstairs to the west wing.

*~*

"Where are they," Chutki wondered out loud.

They walked into the kitchen and Chutki saw the mess Seema left in the sink. She went over to it and inspected it.

"Oh no," Seema said.

"What's wrong," Arnav asked.

"Nothing that will worry you, really... but maybe him," she said, pointing at NK.

"Why," NK asked, curiously.

"Your future bride is freaking out."

"What?!"

"She made fried chicken, so obviously she's freaking out."

"Uh...?"

"Oh you have so much to learn! As well as you two," she said, pointing at Arnav and Akash. "Anyways, they were here, now let's go look for them."

The boys let out a sad, deep sigh. What does it take to see the girl of your dreams, they wondered.