Chapter Fifty

It was the afternoon and all of the work was done and complete. Deviyani had come back from the mandhir and the Gupta girls joined her. Chutki noticed how Khushi seemed down, Payal looked anxious, and Seema looked giddy. 

Weird, Chutki thought to herself. 

"My gosh! You four have gotten all of the work completed," Deviyani exclaimed. "Come sit for lunch."

"It's okay Naniji," Khushi said, but Deviyani wasn't having it. 

"You four will join us for lunch, end of discussion."

The girls nodded and they went to the dining table. They sat down and eventually Mami, Mama, Anjali and Shyam joined them. Khushi was about to say something to Anjali when the boys came in. 

Arnav sat in his seat, across from Khushi, Akash sat in his, across from Payal, and NK sat in his seat, across from Seema. Deviyani, Anjali, and Chutki watched the three pairs carefully. Khushi had a sad expression on her face as she looked at Arnav, and then she looked away. Payal looked nervous, thinking back to what had happened earlier, and the  looked away. Unlike those two, Seema looked happy, glancing at NK. He looked back at her with a faint smile, trying not to make it noticeable, but Deviyani, Anjali, and Chutki noticed it perfectly. 

Deviyani and Anjali exchanged looks, saying yay! Chutki noticed Deviyani and Anjali's exchange and understood. 

Oh! So that's what you two are up to…. 

Khushi looked at Anjali. "How are you feeling now Anjaliji?"

"I'm fine now."

Arnav's eyebrows met in the middle. 

"You sure," Khushi asked. "Because you better have taken rest. If not-"

"No Khushiji, honest. I actually got some sleep."

"Good-"

"What's wrong Di," Arnav asked. 

"Nothing Chote," Anjali said. "I'm fine now-"

"Yeah, now. What happened before?"

"Well…."

"Well," Arnav pressured. 

"I woke up early today and my head was spinning-"

"What?! Di, how many times have I told you to take care of yourself?"

"Rani Saheba, why didn't you tell me," Shyam asked. 

"Simple," Anjali said, "because you would nonstop be on my case, as usual!"

"Of course! What if something happens-?"

"Nothing will happen! Oof! You're so protective!"

"And it's a good thing he is," Arnav said. "Without him, who knows where you'd be."

"Oh stop it, you!"

Arnav smirked and Khushi gazed at him. He looked so sexy with that smirk, Khushi wanted to go over to him and wipe it off. Arnav looked up and caught her gazing at him and she turned red and quickly looked away. Khushi felt him still looking at her and the entire time she ate, she felt awkward. 

From the afternoon turned into the evening. The girls were finishing up the final touches, when Chutki went over to Deviyani and Anjali. 

"I know what you two are up to," Chutki said. 

"Excuse me," Anjali said, pretending she didn't have a clue. 

"Anjaliji, I know you and Naniji are trying to get the three pairs together."

"You do," Deviyani asked. 

"Yes."

Nani and Anjali exchanged looks. 

"What do you want," Anjali asked. 

"Nothing - just get my sisters back together with your brothers."

"Back together? You mean they were once together," Nani asked. 

Chutki nodded. 

"I knew it," Anjali exclaimed. "But… what happened?"

"You mean you don't know?"

The two shook their head. 

"Better if I don't then."

"But Chutki-"

"No Anjaliji. It's better not knowing. Then you both might say something to the boys or the girls and things might get ruined."

"I get what you're trying to say but what do you mean by ruined?"

"Well, have you seen Seema didi and NK bhaiya? The two were smiling at each other."

"You caught that too," Deviyani asked. 

"Yup! So I say let things happen their way and pretty soon I might have three brother in-laws."

"It would be nice to have three sister in-laws come in together," Anjali smiled at the thought. 

"Three granddaughter in-laws… perfect," Deviyani squealed. 

"Then we agree not to do anything," Chutki asked. 

Deviyani and Anjali nodded in agreement. 

"Perfect. Now let's see what happens."

~
Let's see, indeed 🧐😂
There you go, 3 updates in a row
If this chapter, 49, and 48 each get 20 stars, then I'll post the next chapter