Chapter Fifty Six

Khushi gazed up at the guesthouse in amazement. Their guesthouse seemed more like a home for them to live in. It was absolutely beautiful! A luscious green front yard with a fountain in the middle… just stunnging! As Khushi walked towards the door, she noticed a swing that came down from a tree. 

Wonder who that's for, Khushi thought to herself.

She was in front of the door and rang the door bell. With each passing second, Khushi was getting more and more anxious. The door opened, revealing Arnav. He was in a white shirt and jeans, looking pretty tired. But the minute he saw her, he stood up immediately. 

"What are you doing here," he asked. 

"I-I'm here to g-give you y-your file." Khushi didn't know why she was stuttering. Either it was because she was nervous or because he looked jaw-dropping sexy. 

"Follow me," Arnav said and he went in, leading the way. 

Inside was big and beautiful. It was similar to Raizada mansion, but not as light and open. They went upstairs and went into a room. Khushi noticed the closet doors open and inside were his clothes, causing her to scrunch her eyebrows in confusion.

"I stay here every now and then," Arnav replied, understanding from her expression, and Khushi nodded in acknowledgement. 

Arnav went through his desk, looking through files, while Khushi looked around. She noticed some things from the corner of her eyes and saw that they were stuff from their college days - pictures, old notebooks, stuff like that. Something was sticking out of a notebook and out of curiosity, Khushi pulled it out, and her eyes widened. It was the picture of her and Arnav that was in the yearbook. It wasn't a cutout from the yearbook, but the actual picture itself. Khushi was surprised, but what she saw next surprised her even more. 

As Khushi walked around, she knocked a file down and out came a picture of her. It was the picture that Deviyani had shown the boys five years ago. Khushi picked it up and realized that she was right by his bed, and that the file was on his nightstand. 

Does that mean… that he looks at my picture all the time, Khushi wondered. 

Out of nowhere, Arnav snatched the picture from her hand and Khushi snapped out of thought. 

"Mind your business," Arnav muttered. 

"Um, well it kinda is, it's a picture of me."

Arnav didn't reply and continued to look through files. Khushi wanted the stupidity to end between them. She wanted to apologize to him for the things she had said to him five years ago. 

"Ar… um, A-Arnav-" 

"Ms. Gupta, its very unprofessional to call your boss by his first name, especially when work related."

"But it isn't work related," Khushi said softly. "I want to talk to you about five years ago-"

Arnav placed a file down and looked at her. "What happened five years ago, was five years ago," and he continued with what he was doing.

"Arnav-"

"Ms. Gupta, I have already told you that-"

"It's not work related! Dammit Arnav, I just want to fucking talk to you!"

Arnav dropped a file down hard and went towards her, gripping her arms tightly. 

"Ah! Arnav, you're hurting me," Khushi said, trying to pry away from him. 

"I'm hurting you? I'm hurting you?!" His grip tightened. 

"Ouch! Arnav… Arnav please, you're hurting me-"