Chapter Five

"Ugh! I hate that Arnav Singh Raizada," Khushi yelled.

"We know," Seema said. "You've said that like... a hundred times now!"

"Ninety two times to be exact," Payal said.

The two looked at her.

"What? It's not my fault if I kept track; I got bored!"

Khushi rolled her eyes and groaned in frustration.

After the dance, Khushi, Payal, and Seema had gone straight home. It was getting late, so they decided they would talk in the morning. It was Saturday, so they didn't have any classes.

Before they could even continue their discussion that morning, Garima told them how they would be having guests over in the afternoon and that they would also be staying for dinner.

After helping the maids clean around the mansion - yes they help around the mansion, even though they have like 50 or so maids; but they don't care, even Garima does the work - they went into the West Wing and caught their breath, and began to talk about the night before.

Meanwhile, at the Raizada's, Deviyani and Anjali were in the living room talking, when the boys came down.

"Di, we're going out," Arnav yelled.

"What? You can't!"

"Why not?"

"I don't have to answer you, now then do I? Now quickly go upstairs and wear something appropriate, we're going somewhere." She looked at the other two. "That goes for you two as well."

Arnav stared at his Di. What the? Why is Di acting like this?

"Why are you still standing here," Anjali asked, irritated. "GO!"

The boys looked at each other and then headed upstairs to their rooms. Once they were out of sight, Anjali and Deviyani burst into laughter.

"Anjali betiyan?"

They turned to look at Manorama.

"What's funny, eh," she asked. "Tellz me."

Anjali laughed. "Mami, you should've seen how confused those boys were," and she laughed again.

"But what happens?"

"Well you know how we're going out today?"

"Haan, to the-"

"Well then Manorama," Deviyani interrupted, "I suggest you get ready fast. The boys are getting ready and we're going to head out soon. Plus, you always take so much time."

"Sasu ma!"

Deviyani grinned as Manorama left. She loved messing with her.

"Are you ready Anjali betiyan," Deviyani asked.

"Yeah. Now just to wait for the others and then we'll leave for the-"

"Anjali didi?"

They looked at Hari Prakash.

"The groceries arrived."

"Okay, just put them away at the right spot."

"Ji," and he left.

"What about dhamatji," Nani asked.

"Don't even get me started. I told him to take the day off but does he ever listen?" She twitched her lips and pouted.

"Anjali betiyan," Deviyani began, "you know he's busy. He's a well known lawyer, that many people go to. It's not his fault if he's known to many people-"