Chapter Fifty Two

Arnav was out in the poolside, working on his laptop. He was busy working, when he heard Deviyani pass by and had Khushi go into his room. He saw her and acknowledged her presence, and continued his work. 

Khushi held onto her sari and then shut the doors and locked it. She glanced around, remembering her moment here earlier in the day. Arnav glanced at her and noticed her clutching onto her sari, and that she was stuck in thought. 

Khushi let everything out of her head, shaking it clear, and turned and saw Arnav. He looked so irresistably handsome and Khushi wanted to run up to him and hold onto him. But she knew better and knew how he felt for her now. 

He hates me, Khushi said in her head, tears forming in her eyes. 

Khushi looked away and went into the bathroom to change. Arnav saw her as she left and at the sound of the door clicking, he went back to work. Moments later, Khushi came out and stood in front of the vanity table and she put on her jewelry. 

While Khushi did that, Arnav was on the phone and he came into the room and put his laptop down to put it on charge, then went through a file. Khushi finished putting on her bangles and earring and she needed to put on her necklace. But before she could do that, she needed to fix the back of her blouse and tie the strings. 

Khushi tried but she couldn't do it. She tried again, but still couldn't do it. 

Just great, she thought.

Just then, two hands came and touched her back. Khushi looked up and looked at Arnav's reflection in the mirror. He was helping her tie the strings of her blouse and Khushi gazed at him. He wasn't looking at her and focused on tying the strings. 

When he finished, Khushi was about to thank him, when he picked up her necklace and put it around her neck. Khushi held it as Arnav secured it and Khushi felt the tips of his fingers touch her neck. Khushi took in a sharp breath and shut her eyes with a gulp. His hands were cold compared to her warm, heated flesh, no thanks to him. 

Arnav noticed but didn't say anything, and he clasped it on, then let her go. Khushi's eyes drifted open and she looked at his reflection. He had already gone back to his laptop and was working. 

So much for the moment, Khushi thought. 

She quickly put on her makeup and fixed her hair. She decided to let it out and let it flow. While Khushi made some final adjustments, Arnav turned and glanced at her. She was in a yellow sari - her favorite color - and her blouse was a silverish-white. The back was very revealing and Khushi had brought her hair to the front to fix the ends, so her back was on full display. 

Arnav just looked at it, not even thinking. Khushi at first didn't realize, until she felt her body burn from his stares. She briefly glanced up at the mirror, her suspicions confirmed, and pretended not to notice. She continued to  fixed her hair and watched Arnav from the mirror. He was still looking at her and Khushi was feeling happy inside. She was happy to see that he still had some interest in her. 

As much as she didn't want to, she would have to end it as she had to head down, so she tossed her hair back. Arnav snapped out of it and went back to his work. Khushi was ready and she was about to head out, when her phone rang.

Tyauun tyauun tyauun! RING RING! 

"Yeah Seemz," Khusi said into her phone. "Yeah, I'm ready, I'm coming. … shut up! I'm not slow! …ugh! Alright! Alright! I'll meet you and Payal downstairs, okay? … oh shut up," and she hung up. 

Khushi unlocked the door and she headed downstairs and joined her sisters. Garima eventually came and the four girls joined her. Arnav, Akash, and NK eventually came down and Akash and NK were looking at their girl.