Chapter Thirty Five

Arnav, Akash, and NK headed to the dining room when Arnav's phone vibrated. He paused and saw that he got a text from Aman. Akash and NK looked at him and Arnav just tilted his head, motioning them to go. The two just nodded and left to the dining room. 

Khushi, Payal, and Seema were frozen still. Deviyani just looked at them, no one else realizing but her. She was about to question them if they were okay, when Akash and NK came in. They skipped the seat next to her, since it was Arnav's seat, and Akash sat next to it and NK sat next to him.

The boys looked up and in front of Akash was Payal and in front of NK was Seema. The boys just looked at them for a second and then put food on their plates and began to eat. The girls just looked at them, especially since they were all dressed for business, but the boys acted like as if nothing was going on. 

Poor Khushi had it the worst. She was still frozen, a sad expression coming onto her face. Her breathing paced up a bit, as if Arnav wasting time to come in to the dining room was affecting her. Arnav sent back a text to Aman and tucked his phone in his back pocket and went in to the dining room. 

Khushi felt his presence and she gulped. Arnav went behind Nani and sat down in his seat and was about to put food on his plate when he saw Khushi. Khushi looked at him, nervous, her breathing pacing up, but she couldn't help but to look at Arnav's clothes. He was in a gray button down shirt, black pants and black vest. Arnav simply looked away, ignoring her, and put food on his plate and ate. 

As much as Khushi didn't want to see him, she felt relieved to see him after almost five years. Her heart lightened and she relaxed, as well as the other two girls. The girls began to eat, looking at the boys every now and then, and the boys ate away, not even looking at them once. 

"So Seema betiyan," Deviyani said, "what do you do?"

"Well I just got a new job as an international embassador; I'm going to be helping in translating for when international partners arrive."

"Really? What languages?"

"Hindi, English, Bangla, and Spanish."

"Oh, that's good. What about you Payal betiyan?"

"Oh, I'm a gynecologist."

"Is that so? Maybe Anjali betiyan and dhamatji could drop by your office sometime," Nani teased. 

Anjali frowned at Deviyani while Shyam smiled to himself. 

"What about you Khushi betiyan," Nani asked. "What do you do?"

"I just got hired at a new place and will be working as a secretary."

Arnav paused for second, holding food in his hands and then placed it in his mouth. 

That was weird, Khushi thought. 

The boys finished up and were washing their hands, pouring water in a bowl and cleaning them, when Arnav got a call. He pressed the button on his Bluetooth. 

"Yeah," he said into it. 

Khushi's heart lightened, finally hearing his voice after all of this time, and she went back to her food.

"What," Arnav yelled. 

Everyone looked at him. 

"I don't give a crap, Aman! Either they pay back their loan or I will destroy them," he said through his teeth. 

Khushi was surprised. This wasn't the Arnav she knew. He would've never said anything like that. 

"You tell them that Arnav Singh Raizada doesn't spare anyone. They pay back, or else. Get it," and he hung up.