Chapter Fifty One

The party was about to begin and some guests began to arrive. Deviyani and Mama welcomed them in and Anjali and Shyam were upstairs getting ready, as well as Mami. Khushi, Payal, Seema, and Chutki were finishing up some final touches. Deviyani saw them and went over to them. 

"What are you four doing, quickly go get ready," she said.

The four shook their heads and Deviyani called Hari Prakash to get their bags. She led them upstairs and let Chutki go into her room to change. Chutki was confused at first but then figured out Deviyani's plan. 

Deviyani led the three to NK's room and let Seema go in to change. She then had Payal go in to Akash's room and Khushi in Arnav's room. Deviyani headed back downstairs and was smiling end to end, when Mama went over to her. 

"Amma, have you seen Arnav bitwa, Akash bitwa and NK bitwa?"

"Weren't they here?"

"No," Hari Prakash said coming over to them. "They never even came down."

"What?!" What have I done?!

*~*

Seema turned and NK, who was ready and dressed up, was right in her face and she screamed. NK was taken by surprise and covered her mouth. 

"Why the hell are you yelling?!"

"Don't creep up on me like that!"

"I didn't! Plus this is my room." A gleam appeared in his eyes. "Don't tell me you've created another excuse to come in my room," he said, wrapping his arms around her. 

"No!" She pushed his hands away. "I need to get ready."

"Okay," NK said, sitting down in his bed. 

Seema looked side to side. "What are you doing?"

"Waiting for you to change."

Seema's jaw dropped. "Do I look like a stripper to you?"

"I never said that."

"But you meant that."

"Not even for a moment."

Seema squinted her eyes and twitched her lips before walkin into the bathroom, NK grinning from amusement. 

*~*

Payal shut the doors and placed her bag down on the bed. She unpinned a safety pin from her blouse on the shoulder and took it off. Before she could even remove it off her shoulder, Akash came out of the bathroom, ready and dressed up, and she stared at him im shock. His eyes immediately landed on her and Payal froze. Her grip loosened and her pallu fell off of her shoulder. Payal didn't even realize, still in a state of shock, and Akash continued to look at her. Payal was frozen but Akash wasn't. It was as if Payal had become a magnet and she was attracting him, Akash going over to her. Payal felt her heart race up as he came closer and closer. He was an inch away from her and Payal just looked straight at him. 

Akash continued to move towards her and Payal moved back. Somehow, her sari was managing to come out, all thanks to fate. Payal had backed up against the wall and Akash stood right in front of her.

"A-Akash," Payal stuttered. 

Akash had no control of himself and his head was blank. He caressed her  cheeks in his hands and Payal's eyes automatically shut. She felt a familiar feeling she hadn't felt in almost five years. 

"A-Akash…."

He looked straight down at her and whispered. "I'm sorry.

Payal's eyes opened up and widened. "W-what?"

"Payal, I am so sorry."

She looked at him and saw the feelings in his eyes. "Akash-"

"I never should've doubted you."

Bits of hate came into Payal, the memories swirling in.

"I never should've doubted you nor think that you were characterless."

"You should've thought that five years ago! How could you think that?!"

"I wasn't thinking! I was believing my friends over the girl that I love."

"Oh really?" Payal crossed her arms. 

"Yes! Payal, do you have any idea how much regret I've been dealing with the past few years?"

Payal looked away.

"I've been regretting it ever since I found out that they were messing with me and that I was such an idiot for believing them."

"Some friends they are."

"Well they aren't anymore and Payal you have to believe me! I don't want to live with the regret anymore! Payal, you have to believe me! I love you-"

"If you really loved me, then you never would've doubted me."

"I do love you and I know I was wrong. Punish me if you want, never see my face ever again if you want because I won't have a problem with it because I know I deserve it."

"Well for five years I haven't seen your face."

"Make it your whole life if you will..."

Akash fell down to his knees, his head bowed down to the ground. Payal gasped, looking at him in shock.

"I just hope that you can forgive me."

Akash began to reach up to hold his ears, and when Payal realized what he was about to do, she grabbed his hands, stopping him, kneeling down to the ground.

"What are you doing, are you crazy?"

"I'm so sorry, I never should've said those things."

"Hush," Payal soothed.

"I hurt you so much." He pulled back, taking her hands in his. "I swear, I'll make up for it, I'll do anything, you name it."

Payal looked into his eyes. She could see his regret, his sorrow, and his pain. "Anything?"

"Anything," he vowed.

Payal slightly pulled back to get a full view of his face. "Promise me you'll never let me go like that again."

Akash's eyes widened.

"Promise me."
.
Overcoming his shock, Akash nodded. "I will never let you go."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"But…."

"But what?"

"You're gonna have to let go of me now because I need to get ready."

Akash looked around them, snapping back to reality. "Right, okay."

He got up and helped Payal up as well. He turned to leave, when Payal called out to him.

"Akash..."

Akash turned back, looking at her.

"Don't think that this is the end of this."

At first, Akash didnt understand, but when he saw the gleam in her eyes, Akash immediately understood. He went back over to her and wrapped hus arm around her waist, pulling her to him, and kissed her. Payal let out a moan, her hand reaching out and caressing his cheek. When they broke away, Akash placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll see you downstairs."

Payal nodded and Akash let her go, heading downstairs. Payal grabbed her stuff and headed to the bathroom to change.

Her plans for the evening had definitely changed.

~
I wonder what they are 🤔😉
65 stars and I'll post the next one