Chapter Six

"Something is up," Khushi said, after thinking a while.

"What makes you think so," Payal asked.

"I don't know... but my mind is telling me something is up."

"Oh come on Jiji," Seema said.

"I'm serious! Why is it that all of a sudden that they're everywhere?"

"Uh, I don't know? Maybe because they're the most popular students in the college," Seema exclaimed, stating the obvious.

"She's right Jiji," Payal said. "I mean come on, is there ever a day that one person doesn't yell something out about them?"

"I know," Khushi replied, "but still...."

The girls thought about it for a moment. Could something really be up?

"Jiji," Seema said, lost in thought, "I think you're right."

Khushi and Payal looked at her.

"The other day, remember how I was late?"

Khushi and Payal nodded.

"Well, truth is... I was late because someone bumped into me."

"So..." Payal asked, confused.

Seema looked at them. "It was NK that bumped into me."

They scrunched their eyebrows.

"I was busy looking at my notes from Spanish, not paying attention, when he bumped into me... and somehow... I tripped."

"Really? Really Seema," Khushi exclaimed. "Seriously, you're such a klutz!"

"Jiji," Seema whined, and then she got up and grabbed a Teddy bear, that she had aligned on a shelf.

"Of course, now hold onto your Teddy," Payal said, laughing. "I don't get why you're always holding onto it. You're a woman now!"

"So what?! Why don't you go back to your bio kit and play around with it."

"Don't you two start," Khushi said.

"Oh? And why not," Payal asked.

"She might as well play Mario on her calculator," Seema said grumpily, hugging her Teddy.

"Excuse me," Khushi exclaimed.

"Oh, sorry," Seema said, holding her ear. "I mean your TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator."

Khushi placed her hands on her hips as Payal laughed and Seema hugged onto her Teddy. Once Payal stopped laughing, Khushi looked at her, their expressions speaking for them:

You thinking what I'm thinking?

Payal nodded. Let's do it.

Khushi tip toed over to Seema, Payal following from behind. Seema wasn't aware of what was going on.

Meanwhile, Arnav continued to follow the two cars ahead of him. The boys' eyes widened as they saw the mansion ahead of them.

"What the," was all Arnav could say.

The cars ahead of them stopped and so did Arnav's. Everyone got out and the boys went to Anjali.

"Di, what is this place," Arnav asked.

Anjali smirked. "You'll see. Now, shall we?"

The boys looked at her confusedly at first, but then they nodded. Everyone followed behind Nani as they headed towards the entrance.

They rang the bell and within a few moments, the door opened, and Garima stood there.

"Namaste," Garima said, "please, come in."