Chapter Eighty One

"Why do we have to go over to your place tomorrow," Seema asked into her phone.

"For something important," NK replied.

"Like what?"

"Something important."

"Shona, please tell me!"

"Nope."

"Why," she pouted.

"Cause then where's the fun-"

"Oh! So seeing me acting all stupid is just funny to you, huh?!"

"I didn't-"

"Hmph! Good night," and she hung up on him and went to sleep.

*~*

The next day, the entire Gupta family left to Raizada mansion. The place never seemed to stop surprising the girls. Yet after marriage, this was the place that would become their new home.

They all walked in - Shashi, Garima, Khushi, Payal, Seema, and Chutki. Hari Prakash led them inside into the living room. In came Nani and Anjali, both smiling from end to end. Why wouldn't they be? After all their plan with Chutki was a success!

After all the greetings took place, everyone sat down on sofas.

"So, Maji, why were we asked to come here," Shashi asked Deviyani. "You didn't say why."

"That's because Nanhe bitwa said not to say anything."

Seema frowned while Khushi and Payal were looking at her. Those two weren't any less curious.

"Also Chote and Akash had said not to say anything as well."

Khushi and Payal looked at Daviyani, Khushi having a "what the" look on her face, which wasn't missed by Anjali, and Anjali smiled to herself.

All of a sudden, the girls' hearts began racing, and the girls automatically looked up at the stairs and Anjali turned to see what they were looking at, and smiled. Down came the three boys, looking very handsome indeed. Arnav in a dark blue button down shirt, top two buttons undone, with a black vest and black pants. Akash came down, white button down shirt, black pants, waistcoat in hand. NK had a white button down on, jeans, his suspenders hanging.

Yup, Anjali thought to herself. That's my brothers!

The three boys joined them and took blessings from Deviyani, and then stood at her side. The boys passed the girls sneaky glances, but only Khushi and Payal returned it with charm.

"So my the grandsons," Deviyani began, "can I tell them the reason now?"

The boys nodded, NK adding "why not Nani? I bet some people are just drying to know," he smirked lightly.

But the joke wasn't missed by Deviyani or Anjali, and the two saw how Seema scowled at him.

"Well," Deviyani said, after she smiled to herself from Seema's antics, "there's someone important for you all to meet, especially for you Seema and Khushi betiyan."

Seema scrunched her eyebrows. Who could be so important for me to meet, she wondered. She looked up at NK and he just looked at Deviyani, smiling.

"I want you all to meet my daughter," Deviyani said.

What, all the Gupta girls wondered. Daughter?

"In other words," Deviyani continued, "Nanhe's amma."

All of a sudden they heard footsteps and everyone looked at the stairs. Down came a beautiful woman in a white and purple sari. Her hair was up in a bun, and she was looking beautiful, her smile very soft. NK went over to her and held her hand and brought her over to sit.

"This is my daughter," Deviyani said. "Padmini."

She put her hands together and everyone greeted each other.

"She flew in from Australia yesterday."

"I had to," Padmini said. "My sons proposed to someone, and I'm not here? That can't happen," she smiled.

Everyone smiled back.

Padmini looked over at the girls and looked at Seema. "Seema?"

Seema gulped and sat up straight. "J-Ji?"

Padmini held her hand out. "Come here love."

Seema looked at her parents and they just nodded. She slowly got up and went over to Padmini and took blessings from her. Padmini made her sit next to her.

"You're even more beautiful face-to-face," Padmini said.

Seema softly smiled and looked down.

"Curious as to how I knew you were my future daughter in-law?"

Seema looked up at her with curious eyes.

"Because my son here has sent me many pictures of you."

Seema looked up at NK and he had his arms crossed, him smirking lightly.

"He couldn't decide on which on to send, so he attached a whole folder to the e-mail," Padmini laughed.

NK looked up at his mother instantly. "Mom," he said annoyingly.

Padmini just chuckled. "What?" She put her arm around Seema. "Just having fun with my future daughter in-law," she said innocently.

NK just rolled his eyes and Seema and Padmini smiled.

Padmini looked at Khushi. "Khushi?"

Khushi looked at her. "Ji?"

"Come here please."