Chapter Forty Seven

The doors to NK's room were slightly open but Seema knocked - no reply. She knocked again, but no reply. She stepped in and saw NK at the poolside talking on speakerphone, walking back and forth, going through a file. He hadn't noticed her and she went over to the wardrobe just as his call ended. 

NK was about to place the file down and go to his room when his phone rang. While NK put it on speakerphone, Seema opened the wardrobe and was about to put the clothes away when someone spoke. 

"Hi NK!"

Seema paused. The voice sounded like that of a girl's voice. Instantly, she felt a pang of jealousy. 

NK recognized the voice and instantly fumed. "Why'd you call?"

"Oh come on sweetheart!"

Sweetheart, Seema wondered. 

"Don't call me that," NK sneered.

Seema got curious. 

"Come on NK baby. You still mad about the kiss," and Seema could hear her smirking.

"Shut up!"

"Come on NK! That was like what? Five years ago?"

Seema's eyes widened as she figured it out. She's the girl from the park fivd years ago!

"What did I tell you," NK asked. "I told you to never call me again."

"NK baby, relax-"

"Don't fucking tell me to relax!"

"NK, seriously, you're making a big deal out of it-"

"Excuse me? Your stupid actions has ruined my life! Because of you, I lost the girl that I love!"

Seema felt her throat close up. She shook her head and put the clothes in. 

"Oh puh-leez," the girl exclaimed. "All cause I asked was for one last kiss?"

"Asked? You refused to listen and grabbed me by my shirt and kissed me!"

"Don't make me sound that desperate-"

"Don't even fucking start, youractions were nothong more than that of a desperate slut."

Ouch, Seema thought. 

"NK," the girl gasped. 

"Don't ever call me again or I swear I won't spare you," and he hung up on her, blocking yet again another number that this girl was calling from.

NK was fuming and he tossed his phone on the floor. Seema jumped from the sudden act. After calming down, NK picked up his phone and the file, and went in his room, coming to an immediate pause when he saw Seema standing there. 

The two looked at each other for a moment. Seema looked away first, feeling awkward. She then remembered the girl and NK kissing at the park all those years ago. Regardless of what she had just heard, it still angered her, so she turned to leave. Just as she tried to leave, NK tried to stopped her.

"Seema wait."

Seema looked at him. It had been almost five years since he had said her name. But she ignored him and went towards the door. NK reached the door before her and he locked the door. 

"Seema, I need to talk to you," NK said. 

"Move out of my way."

"Seema please, I need to talk to you."

"NK, move out of my way and let me go."

"Seema-"

"I don't want to hear anything! Now let me leave."