Chapter Twelve

Khushi simply gulped, unsure of what to do. No matter how much she wanted to, she couldn't look away from his eyes. There was just something about his eyes... she couldn't get her finger on it. She continued to look into his eyes and was mesmerized by the gleam. The way those eyes were looking back at her... those chocolate brown eyes....

Arnav felt a hunger for her lips. He wanted to close the distance really badly. He wanted to feel the softness of her lips and he wanted to know the feel of sucking on her lower lip.

Without even thinking, he lowered his head a bit, nearing in. Khushi didn't know what to do and continued to stare at him. She tried to stand up, but she felt her legs go numb and she lost the feelings of her legs. As he got closer to her, Khushi's eyes drifted shut, her chest heaving up and down from her fast breathing. Arnav was only two inches away when he realized what he was doing and stopped.

What am I doing? She'll have the wrong impression of me.

Instead, he brushed a strand of hair away that was near her eyes. Her eyes shot open, staring wide eyed at him. Her breathing was still intense and the two gazed away into each other's eyes. But the trance soon broke because the others were coming back from the patio. Arnav helped Khushi stand up straight and he let go of her.

"Ready to leave Chote," Anjali asked as they came in.

"Uh, yeah, sure."

She smiled. "Oh wait, NK bhai... where is he?"

Khushi and Arnav just realized NK and Seema weren't here. Payal and Akash went over to those two, Akash asking Arnav if he knew where NK was and Payal asking Khushi if she knew where Seema was but neither knew.

Just then Seema and NK came and each stood by their siblings. The Raizada's went to the door, Shashi and Garima taking them to their car. The only ones behind were the boys.

They looked back at their girl. They couldn't help themselves but continue to gaze at them. The girls noticed, but they looked away. Soon all the cars pulled away and before Arnav pulled away, he looked at Khushi one last time. She looked up at him and he gave a faint smile and pulled away.

That night both Khushi and Seema felt troubled. Khushi sat in her bubble chair, thinking about what had happened earlier. She thought about how he held onto her, how they were so close to each other. ...how his lips were so close to hers... those kissable lips-

What are you thinking Khushi, she yelled in her head.

She couldn't believe she was thinking of that snob that way.

Besides, like he would ever be serious in a relationship. All he ever does is flirt with girls, have a fling and then break a girl's heart.

She twitched her mouth and got up for bed. While she was dealing with this, Seema was hugging her huge Teddy bear, sitting on her bed. She thought about what she had thought of earlier.

When she was changing out of her sweaty clothes, she kept thinking about NK. She didn't know why, but she kept thinking about him. That day, when he bumped into her, she tripped on him and he held onto her. The two were looking into each other's eyes and Seema felt herself get nervous. Just then some student yelled about Arnav's car and people ran down the hall to see, pushing those two, not even paying attention.

NK had pulled her in close so that she wouldn't get hurt, and she held onto him tight, hiding her face in his chest. Once the students cleared out, she looked up and NK looked down at her. The two were inches away from each other, and then Seema realized and she let go of him and picked up her papers.

Then later when he was gazing at her, when they were waiting for the light. She had noticed and got nervous. Then earlier today, how he was gazing at her.

She kept seeing his face over and over again in her mind and she shook her head, letting it go out. She turned off the lights and tried to go to sleep, but once again NK came to her mind. She shut her eyes and shook it out if her mind. She opened her eyes and turned and saw... NK?

He was lying down right beside her, gazing away at her.

"You! W-w-what are you doing here?!"

She got up and turned on her lights and looked back, but there was no one there.