Chapter Forty Eight

Seema blinked. She remained silent and motionless. 

"Seema, please, you have to believe me," NK pleaded. 

Seema looked away, trying to sync everything in. That's what happened, she thougjt to herself. She just looked at the floor and tried to adjust to what she heard. 

"Seema, please. You have to know that I didn't kiss her, I love you-"

"Love me? Love me? If you really do  'love me' then you never would've just let me leave like that! Why didn't you go after me?"

"I did! Or rather I tried! But my car broke down, and then I got towed! I reached out to Akash to get a ride, but he wasn't picking up, and then when I tried to call Nanv, he wouldn't pick up either. Finally Akash called me and he told me what your older sister said to Nanav."

Seema's eyes slightly widened.

"When I heard from Akash the rude and nasty things she had said to him... I couldn't believe it. After how supportive Nanva was of us, you really allowed for your sister to think that? To believe that."

Seema shook her head and opened her mouth to speak, but NK continued.

"I was raised to put family first, no matter what. And if someone is going to disrespect my brother like that, then sorry but not sorry, no girl is worth chasing after that, no matter how much I love her."

Seema looked away, tears swelling in her eyes.

"How could you let her believe such a thing, how could she even manage to say those things when she knew how much Nanav loved her."

Seema shook her head, her eyes closed. "So many misunderstandings, so much time wasted," she nearly whispered.

NK looked at her in confusion."What do you mean?"

Seema opened her eyes, looking at him. "We didn't know that she was going to say those things to Arnav, neither Payal or I did. When she told us what had happened, we didn't agree with it, we thought it was wrong of her to say those things. We planned on talking to Arnav when we got to school, but all three of you left," she sniffled.

Neither said anything for a moment, digesting the new information that they had learned.

NK looked up at her and went over to her placing his arm around the waist. "Seema, I'm really sorry for hurting you."

Seema tried to brush him away, but NK refused to let go. She finally looked up at him, not caring if her tears streamed free.

"Do you have any idea how much you've hurt me," she nearly whispered. "For the past five years, all I kept thinking about was you. You made me suffer and feel pain!"

"I thought you hated me."

"Of course I hated you but at the same time I loved you! And I still do-"

Seema stopped herself. 

NK blinked. "You do."

Seema looked side away. "…yes."

NK let out a sigh of relief, caressing her cheek with his other hand. "Seema, I love you. You're the one I love and the only one I'll ever love."

She looked up at him. "Really?"

He nodded. "Really."

The two looked at each other for a moment, when NK's eyes trailed down to her lips. At first she didn't realize but when she did, she froze. 

"Don't," Seema whispered. 

"I can't control it," NK whispered back. 

"P-please. Someone might walk in-"