Chapter Ten

Chutki was stumped. Where on earth could they be, she wondered.

They were walking down the hall when Garima came upstairs and called out her name.

"Chutki!"

Chutki looked up. "Ji Maji?"

Garima walked towards them and she looked at the boys. "I hope your tour was lovely."

The boys simply nodded.

"Come downstairs for lemonade."

They nodded and Garima led them to the living room. The boys sat down and Garima spoke.

"You three wait here, the lemonade will be here soon," and then she left.

The boys groaned once she left.

This is torture, all three thought.

They rested their arms on their legs and lowered their heads. They heard footsteps and looked up, anxious... but it was just a maid. They groaned again and then covered their faces.

Khushi, Payal, and Seema walked out, each holding a tray with a glass of lemonade. Khushi was ahead of them and when they were near the living room, she stopped, making the other two stop. Khushi turned away immediately and Payal and Seema went to her.

"What's wrong Jiji," Payal asked.

"Yeah, and why did you turn away like that," Seema asked.

"Because those boys aren't boys," Khushi said. "Those boys are men."

"What?!"

Payal and Seema poked their heads out and saw three young men - not boys - sitting, covering their faces. They looked at each other and then they looked away.

"Amma bhi na," Seema said. "They're not boys! They look like they're almost our age."

"Do you think her and Chachaji did this on purpose," Payal asked.

"Probably," Khushi said. "They probably want us to get to know these guys and create alliances."

"Ugh! Why," Seema whined. "I hate it when they do this!"

"I say," Khushi said, staring straight, "we mess with them."

"How," Payal asked.

"I don't know," and she turned to look at them, "but we'll do it one way or the other."

The two nodded and Khushi nodded.

"Ready," Khushi asked and the other two nodded.

They were about to go, when Seema stopped them.

"What," both questioned.

Seema put the tray down on a table. She put her dupatta on her head, covering her face completely.

"What are you doing" Payal asked.

"Just do it," Seema said.

Khushi and Payal did as she said, covering their faces completely.

They walked into the living room, the boys still covering their faces. Khushi stood in front of Arnav, Payal stood in front of Akash, and Seema stood in front of NK.

It was as if they knew who it was.

The girls cleared their throats and the boys snapped out of thought. They glanced up, not lifting their heads and took the glass from their hands. They held it and looked at it. The girls looked at them, confused on why they were staring at their drink.

The boys were still stumped that they didn't see the girls. They wanted to see them so badly... but sadly.... They shook the thought out of their heads and drank their lemonade, and finished it. They looked up to say thank you when they noticed that these people were covering their faces.

That's weird, all three thought.

They noticed how out of all the maids, these three were the only ones covering their faces. They thought about it for a moment but then decided not to, after all, what does it matter to them? They shook their heads and just placed the glass back on the tray and looked away and then down again.

The girls just looked at them, jaws dropped. How rude, all three girls thought.

The boys realized and then sat up, covering their faces as they did. They held their face for a second and then removed their hands. The girls were rolling their eyes, looking up, and then shut their eyes, shaking their heads lightly, not letting it be obvious.

"Thanks," the boys said and then looked back down.

The girls' eyes sprang open. Their eyes widened and they picked up their dupattas, just covering their heads, revealing their faces.

"What are you doing here," all three girls yelled.

The boys looked up immediately and their eyes widened. They shot up immediately and stood there, looking at their girl. While the guys were busy gazing away, the girls looked in confusion, but shocked.

They heard footsteps and the girls snapped back to reality and turned to look at everyone come back. Nani couldn't help but look at them in awe. Arnav with Khushi, Akash with Payal, and NK with Seema.

"Um... why do you three," Garima said, pointing at their heads.

The girls realized they still had their dupattas on their heads and took it off immediately. They looked side to side, feeling awkward.

"Let's go to the dining hall for dinner," Shashi said, and everyone left except for the six.

The girls were each feeling something different:

Khushi felt aggravated, unable to believe that a snob like Arnav was in her home.

Payal was just plain confused on how Akash was here in her home.

Seema was nervous as hell. She couldn't believe NK was here in her house!

But one thing that was happening to those three in common was that their hearts were beating.

The boys just gazed away and smiled at them. "Shall we go," all three asked in unison.

The girls shot them a look. Khushi got mad at the way Arnav was gazing at her and walked away, and Arnav smirked and trailed behind. Payal looked at Akash in confusion and then looked away and walked away, Akash following her from behind. Seema just got nervous, and she looked at NK in confusion, but nervous. NK smiled at her lightly and she felt herself blush and she turned away and left to the dining hall, NK following from behind.