Chapter Eighty Six

All the preparations were made for the mehendi to take place. In the big hall of the east side of Gupta mansion, was where the girls' mehendi would take place.

Guests came pouring in, as well as the music group. After all of the guests came in, Chutki and Garima escorted the guests to their seats. Within a matter of time, the Raizadas arrived: Deviyani, Manorama, Padmini, Anjali, and Raghav - Raghav insisted on coming.

Of course, the boys weren't allowed to come.

The Raizadas were seated by Chutki and just as she was about to leave, Raghav nudged her. Lucky for him, the others were busy.

"Hey Chutki," he smirked lightly.

"Hey Bunty."

"Please. The name is Raghav, Chutki."

"Well, I"ll let you know that Chutki is what everyone calls me lovingly. They call me that so much, we all forget that's not my real name."

"Oh? And what is your real name?"

"The name is Ria."

"Ria? Yeah right!"

"Want documents? I've got," she said sarcastically.

"Really? Never mind then," he played along.

"Why? Scared of being wrong?"

"Never."

Chutki rolled her eyes and turned on her heels and left.

*~*

Garima had gone up and Chutki went up as well. Specially for the wedding, their Buaji had come from Lucknow. She was upstairs as well and she helped Garima and Chutki bring the girls down, Buaji bringing Khushi, her Sanka Devi, Garima bringing Payal, and Chutki bringing Seema. All three brides to-be were wearing simple white churidars.

The girls were placed down in their seats and Deviyani went up first and blessed them, followed by the others. Raghav gave each of his future "Bhabs" a kiss on their cheeks.

The event began and all the women got their mehendi done. Khushi, Payal, and Seema were waiting patiently as the henna artists arrived and filled up almost their entire arms with mehendi.

"Hmm, Nani," Anjali said.

"Yes Anjali betiyan?"

"Tell me..."

Deviyani scrunched her eyebrows.

"What do you think? Will it come out nice and dark," she asked teasingly, pointing at the girls' mehendi.

"Hmm... not sure," she teased.

"Choti Ma? Mami? What do you two think?"

"Hmm, hard to say," Padmini said.

"Hello hi, bye bye! Unsure," Mami exclaimed.

Anjali looked at her future sisters in-laws sneakily. The girls were blushing extremely, but they had confidence in their faces.

"Di!"

Anjali looked at Raghav. "Yeah Raghav?"

"Can we have the real party start now?"

"Real party?"

Everyone questioned "real party"?

Chutki went up to Raghav. "What are you talking about? This is the "real party"."

"Not without the right music, it isn't."

"Huh?"

Raghav turned and whistled. "Yo guys! Come on in!"