Chapter Nine

Khushi, Payal, and Seema went upstairs to the west wing and turned their music up loud. They danced away and enjoyed themselves. After dancing for a while, they decided that it was enough for the day.

"Ugh, I'm so sweaty," Payal said, picking at her clothes that were sticking onto her.

"You know? Let's go change," Khushi said, and all three went to their individual rooms to change.

Payal met up with Khushi in Khushi's room and then they waited for Seema. They knocked at her door, but there was no reply. They knocked again, but nothing. They went in and saw Seema sitting in her bubble chair, holding onto one of her Teddy's. They went towards her, but she stared off in one direction.

"Seema," Khushi called out, and she waved her hand in front of her eyes.

"Seema? Are you okay," Payal asked.

"Seema? Seema?!"

Payal snapped in her face and Seema snapped back to reality shouting "I don't have feelings for him!"

The two looked at her, confused, curious, and like she was an idiot.

"What," Khushi asked.

Seema realized that Khushi and Payal were in the room, and she stood up embarrassed. "Nothing."

"Oh really," Payal asked, moving to her. "And who's him?"

"I told you it's nothing, now let's go downstairs."

Khushi and Payal decided to get back to her later and they left.

They were near the stairs when Payal spoke.

"Wait, wait, wait!"

"What happened Payal," Khushi asked.

"I forgot my anklets."

"Really?" She sighed. "Fine, we'll come with you."

They went to Payal's room and Payal went through her jewelry box.

While all this was going on, Chutki thought that the one place those girls could have been was the west wing. She opened the huge double doors, but found no one inside.

"Damn," she said aloud, "not here either."

The boys gazed at the room. It was huge and just plain amazing with it's floor-to-ceiling windows and mirrors.

"What is this place," Arnav asked.

"This is the west wing. All three Didi's practice here. Before, like years ago, before they were even born, this wing belonged to Maji. She used to dance here all the time. Oh yeah, reference about your future in laws, Bapu fell in love with Maji when he saw her dance," she winked and the guys made an o shape with their mouths.

"Maji later taught all three Didi's and now they teach themselves. They try to make me dance with them, but I mostly choose not to."

"I see," Akash said, looking around.

Chutki sighed. "But... those three were here."

"How do you know," Arnav asked.

"A fact about your future wife: Khushi Didi always dances to the music on her iPod. And that," she said, pointing at the iPod that was docked into an iHome, "is her iPod touch."

"I see," and Arnav went over to the iPod. He picked it up and pressed the button, it coming to life, showing a picture of Khushi.

Arnav gazed away at her picture. She was smiling, looking very happy. "Just like her name," he said aloud to himself.

"If you're done looking at her picture," Chutki said, "shall we go?"

Arnav snapped back to reality and he put the iPod back. "Let's go."

The girls were downstairs and Garima went to them.

"Have you seen the boys?"

"What? What boys Amma," Khushi asked.

"The three boys. I told Chutki to show them around."

"Well then you should know that she's showing them every corner of the house," Seema said.

"That little girl would tell them every bit of history this house has," Payal joked.

The three laughed and Garima shook her head. "I'll go find them and have them sit in the living room. The rest of their family is out at the patio. While I look for them, go make some lemonade for them." She was about to walk away but then she remembered something. "Oh yeah, serve it to them individually, okay? Khushi you serve one, Payal you serve another, as well as you Seema," and she left.

The scrunched their eyebrows. "Why," all three said in unison, but then they shook their heads and went to the kitchen to prepare the lemonade.

"I hope Chutki is having fun," Payal said, as she helped cut the lemons.

"Yeah, it's nice that she's showing those boys around," Seema said.

"I wonder how old they are," Khushi said.

"Well they are boys, so I don't know... 7?"

"You think they're that girl's kids," Payal asked. "What was her name?"

"You mean Anjali," Khushi asked.

"Yeah, her! Think they're hers?"

"Probably," Seema said. "Aww, I wonder if they're cute. I mean she's pretty."

"Right, I mean doesn't she look like a doll," Khushi asked.

"Yeah," Payal agreed. "Her husband isn't that bad, either, so I guess their kids look good."

"Yeah, I think so."

"Looks like our Chutki is hitting on boys," Seema joked and all three laughed.

"Poor boys," Khushi joked, "there's three of them and one her," she pouted.

"Forget those three," Payal said. "Imagine what our lovely Chutki is going through. I feel bad her," and she pouted, resting her chin in her hands.

"One girl, three boys," Seema said. "Who will she choose," she cried out dramatically and all three laughed.

Seema stirred up the lemonade and it was ready. "Anyways, one glass for you," she said, handing one to Payal, "a glass for you," and she passed another to Khushi, "and one for me. I still don't get why Amma is making us do this, but okay."

"I tell you, Amma and her ideas," Khushi said, shaking her head.

"I don't know," Payal said. "I think she's trying to be... creative?"

Khushi and Seema raised an eyebrow at her.

"Right, why didn't I think of that," Khushi said sarcastically.

Payal pouted and the other two laughed.

"Shall we?"

Payal nodded and the two left the kitchen.