Chapter Seventy Five

"No."

Arnav was confused. "What? B-but why?"

"Arnav... like...." She let out a heavy sigh. "Arnav I love you, I really do, but...."

"But what?"

"But... I mean...."

"You mean what?"

"I mean I love what you've done here - we're here on the beach and you've got the cabana all decorated up... it's sweet, but...."

"But...."

"But I mean...."

"But you mean what?!"

Khushi could hear the irritation in his voice. "But this is just...."

"This is just what?"

Arnav was feeling his world shattering, piece by piece. As everything else was slowly breaking apart around him, his main point was his heart.

"...This is just ridiculous."

Everything had shattered and the only thing left now was his heart. It was as if it were resting on a stand with a light shone down above it. His heart just a fragile piece of glass, ready to be tipped over.

"Ridiculous," he questioned. "But you just said-"

"Yeah, I know, I said its all sweet but...."

"But...?"

To Arnav, it was like as if Khushi had come over to his glass heart and was playing with it. She had her finger tip on it, pushing it slightly so that it was about to tip and fall.

"Like I said Arnav - this is ridiculous."

"How is this ridiculous? Are you serious Khushi? Damn it Khushi!"

She scrunched her eyebrows.

"For fucks sake Khushi, I love you! I'm asking you to spend the rest of your life with me! I know that you love me and probably not as much as I love you, but I know you want to be with me."

Khushi crossed her arms.

"Admit it Khushi, you know you love me and want to be with me. You know you want to give our relationship a name and show the world who we are. That we're meant for each other! ...you're just joking."

She tilted her was to the right.

"I know you Khushi," he lightly chuckled. "You're just lying. I know you love me, and I know you must be melting inside. ...you're lying. ...you love me ...so you're just saying "no" for no reason right?

She shook her head. "I'm saying it for a reason Arnav, and for a very important reason."

"What can be so important that you're saying no?" And then Arnav thought of something. "You're saying no because of your parents right?"

Khushi opened her mouth to say something but Arnav cut her off.

"Khushi, they know. Okay? They know everything."

"Everything meaning?"

"Meaning we, as in Akash, NK, and I had called your parents up and told them, as well as my family everything. Why do you think your parents had disappeared all these days? They were helping us plan everything."

Khushi was in shock.

"So if you think that you need your parents consent, it's okay, because they just want you to be happy, as well as your other sisters."

"My sisters? Meaning?"

"They've been proposed to also."

"What," she covered her mouth. "You're lying!"

"I'm serious."

Khushi jumped up and down in joy. "Akash, NK... you guys are the best! Love you both," she squealed, jumping up and down.

"And me?"

Khushi calmed down and looked at him.

"Khushi, I love you very, very, very much. These words can't express how much I love you, honest. ... there are no words that can explain how much I love you because... there isn't! ... I'm not one of those corny-type lovers who says these kind of things, but for you... I can do anything. ... I love you Khushi. ... I love you very much. ... I want you to be with me."

Khushi crossed her arms again and looked down at her shoes and back at him. "Arnav... the things you've just said... it's really sweet, it really is... but...."

"But what?"

"I told you - for a very important reason!"

Arnav's heart and been flicked of the stand and was slowly falling down to the ground below. His expression was going into sadness, him looking down at the floor, his worst fear coming true. Khushi looked at him as his expression went down and sadness was coming into his eyes.

"Arnav," she said softly.

He didn't care of anything anymore. His heart was about to shatter into a million pieces, and nothing could stop it.

"Arnav... everything you've done today... is a dream come true. ... I've finally figured out that all this time, my sisters had helped you figure out all this. Otherwise... how could it have been so perfect?"

A perfect setting, with a failure. That was going throughout his head, his heart still falling.

Khushi lightly smiled. "Gosh, I love you," she breathed out.

But that didn't change anything. His heart was still falling, Khushi standing right beside.

"Arnav? You want to know why I said no?"

Arnav didn't care anymore - he was about to be heart broken.

Khushi placed her hands on her hips, leaning on her left knee, attitude coming to her face. "YOU DIDN'T GET DOWN ON ONE KNEE!!!"

Arnav looked up at her in shock. His fragile glass heart had been saved by Khushi, swinging down and grabbing it, just before it touched the ground. "...what," he breathed out.

"Idiot! You propose to me, that too without getting down on your knee?!"

"What the?! But... that's just ridiculous!"

"Well I don't care!"

"Khushi, I'm not getting down on one knee! Thats corny!"

"It is not," she defended.

"It is too! It's lame!"

"It's romantic! Hmph! Saying that he can do anything corny for me?! Yeah right! Hmph!"

"Okay! So I said a bit more than I meant."

Khushi gasped and got mad, stomping on the floor.

"Geez! Do I have to?!"

"Arnav! Of course you have to," she said through her teeth.

Arnav sighed. "I'm just joking."

Khushi gasped. "You-"

"Hey! You just scared the shit out of me!"

Khushi relaxed. "Just because I said no?"

He nodded.

Khushi gave him a hug.

Arnav broke away first and got down on one knee, looking into Khushi's eyes. "Khushi Kumari Gupta, will you marry me," he asked again.

Khushi had tears in her eyes and she nodded, and Arnav slid the ring into her ring finger on her left hand. Khushi had tears of joy flowing down her cheeks and she pulled Arnav into her and both kissed each other, happy that they would be in the arms of the one they loved very much - more than their lives.

~
Let's aim for 65 stars