Chapter 1: Come & Party

📢📢📢If you're under the age of 18, this book ain't for you‼️‼️‼️ 📢📢📢

This book is in need of some MAJOR editing. Bear with me and PLEASE excuse ANY grammatical errors.

January 1, 1992

~Tia's P.O.V~

"Mama, I'll talk to you later. I have to get back to work," I said into the phone.

"Alright , I guess I'll talk to you another time. I love you, and stay safe! Happy New Year," she yelled through the phone.

" I will! I love you and tell everyone else I love them too," I then hung up the phone.

Ernest Dickerson and I are currently finishing up the last few edits of the film 'Juice'. It's New Year's day, and while majority of the world is celebrating with family and friends, we're working. I mean, I don't mind working right now because parties are NOT for me at all, especially with all these other industry people. They get booted up, if you know I mean.

"Alright, I think were officially done with this project. I really enjoyed working with you kid, but I got to get home to the family," Ernest said while slapping his hands together then rubbing them.

"Thank you, I enjoyed working with you as well. Thank you for giving me this opportunity," I stood up to hug him.

"Hey, I was wondering of you'd like to come to our New Year's celebration? I invited the main cast."

"I'm fine, thank you. Besides I wouldn't want to impose," I my shook my head.

"You wouldn't impose, I already ran this by my wife. We already know you're away from your family, and aren't able to be with them. What do you say?"

"Sure, I'll come. What's the time and address," I asked him. He wrote down the address and time and gave it to me.

"It says at five, but you know how bad the traffic is in New York especially on New Year," he told me slightly laughing.

"Yeah," I trailed off. "I'll see you then," I exclaimed.

I jumped into the cab and headed to the hotel I was currently staying in which was The Hilton. I've been staying in this hotel room for about four months now. The cab came to a complete stop in front of the hotel, I payed the driver and thanked him. I turned around and automatically bumped into a colored eye black dude, with a white woman on his arm. The the collision caused the guy to grunt. He looked familiar, but I couldn't out my finger on it.

"I'm so sorry," I immediately apologized, with my hands raised.

"Watch where the fuck you going bitch!" The woman who was on the guy arm, yelled at me.

I looked around to find who she was talking to because it surely wasn't me.

"Are YOU talking to ME!? Because I know you heard me say I was sorry. So, I suggest ye to get to steppin'!"
I told her rolling my neck, point at her.

"C'mon now, she said she was sorry! Starting shit get your ass in the cab!" The dude said to the white woman on his arm. She followed directions and got into the car.