Imagine- I'm Back (Alec×Reader)

Y/n's POV
It has been 1 year since I have stepped into the New York Institute. 1 year since I have trained with Jace. 1 year since I have chatted with Izzy about drama. And 1 year since I have kissed my 'ex-boyfriend' Alec. Alec and I were the two best Shadowhunters in the world. We had been dating for 3 years before I left for Idris. I left without telling him so he wouldn't try to stop me. The Clave was forcing me to go, and I didn't want to make it any worse.

I stepped out of the portal that brought me to Magnus' place. It didn't change one bit. I didn't see Magnus so I sat down on his couch, and waited. One hour later, Magnus came through a portal. When he saw me his eyes widened, and he ran to hug me. Magnus was like a big brother to me.
"How are you? Where have you been? I need to tell Alec. Why didn't you say goodbye? Did someone kidnap you? If they did, tell me who they are, and they'll never see the light of da-" I cut him off.
"Omg, calm down. I went to Idris. I was forced to or else the Clave would strip my runes. The Clave doesn't know I am here. I finished what I needed to finish, and now I am back temporarily." He sighed.
"You know you have to see Alec." He said.
"Idk, what if he doesn't want to see me. I left him." I said.
"He talks about you all the time, and he thinks the Clave is up to something saying you broke up with him. He doesn't believe because you guys promised you two would never break up. He was heartbroken, but still didn't believe them." Magnus stated.
"Fine, call him, and tell him to come here." I said defeated.

30 minutes later there is a knock at the door, and I am nervous again, even though I never get nervous.
Magnus got up, and opened the door.
"What's wrong Magnus I...need..to-" he trailed of staring at me wide eyed.
"Hi Alec." I sat awkwardly.  He dropped his jacket, and ran towards me, picking me up in a spinning hug. He lowered me, to where we were right in front of each other. My forehead touched his, and then are lips met. The kiss lasted about 10 minutes. When we pulled apart he said
"What happend? Where did you go?" He asked.
"Well, the Clave forced me to go to Idris, and I left without telling you so I wouldn't make it any worse." I said out of breath. We were both crying. I fell back into his arms. But, this moment wouldn't last forever. I pulled away from his arms. I wiped my tears quickly, and stood up straighter.
"But, I can't stay..." I said. His face turned from happy to confused/sad.
"Why?" He asked.
"I can't stand to be away from you when you're so close, and I won't be able to be near you. The Clave will figure it out, and strip my runes. I need to go back to Idris." I concluded, him looking even sadder. I hugged him tight again, and pulled apart.
"I love you." I said. We kissed.
"I love you too." He continued "that's why I am not going to be a Shadowhunter anymore."
"What? Why?" I asked concerned and confused.
"Because of you. I love you too much to let you go again. We will live  together, and no one will stop us." He said. I was shocked.
"Alec, no. You have so much ahead of you. Don't make me stop you. I love you so much too, and I want to see you succeed." I concluded a tear sliding down my cheek. He looked at me sad, and then his face lit up like he has an idea.
"I'll talk to the Clave, and threaten them saying that I'm leaving." He says. 'Would it work? Would he get stripped of his runes? What if they find out I'm
here?' All of these questions running through my head, but I answered.
"Do it." Alec was risking it all just for us to get back together, and see each other every day. He smiled down at me, and kissed me. He grabbed his jacket, hugged me, and walked out of Magnus' apartment with excitement.

2 hours later...
I woke up from a quick nap, to the sound of a knock at the door. I rushed towards it, and saw Alec. He looked really happy. The first thing he did, was hug me tightly. I hugged tightly back too. We pulled apart.
"They said yes." He said.
"What? They did? Oh my God! Alec, thank you." I kissed him.
"No problem, but you need to get back to Idris now. They are going there to get you, so they can bring you back." He said.
"Alright, MAGNUS COME HERE!" I screamed for him. He came.
"Darling, there is no need to yell." He said touching his ears.
"Sorry, but can you get me back to Idris, like now?" I asked.
"Of course, love, just are you coming back?" He asked.
"Yes, I am coming back permontly." I said proudly.
"Yay, anyways just step through the portal when you're ready." He said. Quickly, I gave him a hug. Then, I went to Alec. I kissed him, and then hugged him.
"I love you." He said.
"I love you more."I said.
"Impossible." He said.
"Possible." I said smirking.
"Dammit, you always win at that." He said. I laughed. I kissed him,  one last time, and went through the portal.

I was back in Idris. I started packing a few things up, but kept it a little hidden, so they wouldn't suspect anything. I sat down on my bed, and waited for that special knock. It came shortly 30 minutes after arriving. I went to the door, and opened it. I saw two males. One of them started to talk.
"You have a message from the Clave. The Clave will take you back to the New York Institute. You have 30 minutes to pack. Come outside to the black car when you're done." He said blankly and sternly. They left me. I packed my last bit of things, and walked to the car.

1 plane ride later, I am back in New York. I am given my stuff. I get picked up in a black limo. I get in, and we drive off. This ride would be 2 hours long. I don't understand why they just don't make it easier, and use the portals.

Once, we pull up to the Institute, I instantly jump out with my things. I run inside. I drop my stuff at the door, and the first person I saw, was Jace. He was also like an older brother to me. His eyes widened when he saw me, and he rushed towards me. He engulfed me in a huge, bone-crushing hug. We were both crying on each other's shoulders. We pulled apart, and he lead me to Izzy. We saw her training. She stopped instantly when she saw me. Izzy ran up, and hugged me. We pulled apart, and she said,
"I can't wait to see your reunion with Alec."
"That makes me wonder where is he?" I had to try, and make it believable. Alec and I actually talked about how we would have to be over-the-top to make it seem like we really were seeing  each other for the first time in a year. Once we got there, I saw him at his desk. He stood up looking at the papers, not even looking at us.
"Yes?" He asked.
"Alec?" I asked. I knew he knew it was me. He looked up, and ran to hug me. We were both half fake and half real crying on each other's shoulders. We pulled apart, and kissed.

The rest of the night was about me telling them where I was, catching me up, placing my things in Alec's room, that we now share, and then introducing Clary. She was nice, pretty, and smart. I was wondering why Alec wasn't with her. We spent the rest of the time, sitting at a table just talking. Thinking about Alec and Clary made me sigh out loud on accident. They all looked at me.
"Are you okay y/n?" Izzy asked.
"Yeah...I am just tired. Yeah, I am going to go to sleep." I said nervously. I left the room slowly, and I heard Alec say goodnight too. I changed into my pjs, and got in bed. Alec came from the bathroom with his pjs on too.
"Are you okay y/n? Did something happen, or did I say something?" He asked.
"Oh No, Oh God No. You didn't do anything. It's just why are you with me? Why aren't you with Clary? She has beautiful eyes, a is smart and pretty. All I am is fat and ugly. I got jealous, ok? We ok?" I said.
"No we're not. You are beautiful in every single way. I don't like Clary at all actually. You are the most important person in my life. Understand? I look at you, and always think 'How did I get such a wonderful girlfriend?' You are the reason I get up every morning, instead of just ending it all. I love you so much, and I don't want loose you again. Please don't leave?" He said.
"Alec... Thank you. No one has ever said anything like that to me before. Alec, you are also the reason, I didn't just leave the world. I thought I would never see you again, but I had hope. I promise to never leave you for someone else. I love you too much, to let you go again. Do you promise too?" I said.
"Promise." He said.
"Pinky promise?" I asked. We laughed. He pinky promised. I trusted him with my life, and with this promise. We kissed. I snuggled into his arms. He wrapped his arms around me protectvly. I felt safe.

I never want to leave this moment

I never want to leave this moment. He is every thing I want. I can't believe I actually made it through a year without seeing his face in person.

This is the best day of my life.