Imagine- You Don't Own Me (Alec×Reader)

Requested by MrsMarvelKnight

Y/n's POV 
Alec and I are dating right now. We are both happy.  Until I overhear a conversation with Alec and his parents.

"Alec, she's not appropriate. Marrying Lydia will strengthen our family name. Make us legends-" his mother began.

"But, I love Y/n!" Alec yelled.

"We don't care. (Wow... harsh) You are going to marry Lydia." She said.

"NO, MO-" Alec began to scream.

Tears were streaming down my face.

"ALEC! DON'T TALK BACK! YOU WILL LISTEN TO US AND MARRY LYDIA! NOW GO BREAK UP WITH THAT FILTHY WARLOCK NOW!" She screamed.

I couldn't handle this. I ran to our room. Soon to be, his room. I sat on the bed, bawling. I hear the footsteps of Alec. I hear him open the door.

"Y/n, baby, what's wrong?" He asks.

"I know." I said.

"Know what?" He asks, nervous.

"About the engagement. You're going to marry Lydia and leave me." I say.

Alec walks over and sits down on the bed.

"I have to do it, baby." He says, torn.

"I know, which is why I am going to break up with you, not the other way around. Alec Lightwood, I am breaking up with you." I sniffled.

"Ok, I understand." He said and left, crying.

I packed my bag and moved back to my old hideout. I sat and cried. I sat like that for 5 days.

Finally, someone knocked at my door.

"Go away..." I said.

"It's me, darling."

It was Izzy, my best friend.

"Come in...." I said.

I opened the door with my magic. She came in and sat on my bed.

"Honey, we have to go to the wedding-"

"NO." I said.

"Come on, we can show him... you're  strong, that you can move on. Please." She begged.

"But I haven't moved on." I said.

"He doesn't have to know that." She quickly responded.

"Fine..." I said, giving up.

"Ok, meet Magnus at the beginning of the wedding he will be your date. Also, he'll do your makeup and dress you with his magic." She spoke and left.

That's what I did.  Magnus did my makeup and put me in a beautiful dress that went against all the wedding colors. 

The wedding had already started and was about half way done

The wedding had already started and was about half way done. Magnus and I linked arms.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Nope." I said, smiling.

"Alright, let's go." He smiled.

We walked through the doors. I came out in the front and Magnus stayed behind. Maryse came out of her pew and walked towards me furiously.

"Leave this wedding, Warlock!" She commanded.

"You don't own me. This is between me and your son." I said and continued walking.

Everyone's attention was on me. Alec and Lydia were looking at me surprisingly. Lydia said some things to Alec and then he said something along the lines of  "fuck it!"

Alec left the altar and began fastly walking towards me. Maryse came to stop Alec.

"Alec! Stop!" She said.

"Mother, this is my decision." He said sternly and I just stood there waiting for what he would do. 

Alec walked all the way towards me. He grabbed me hungrily and kissed me. I didn't care what anyone thought. He kissed me so passionately.

"I love you." He whispered when he pulled away. 

"I love you too." I said and kissed him again.

"Will you marry me?" He asked out of breath.

"Of course." I smiled, out of breath. 

That night I became Y/n Lightwood,  even if I wasn't able to get the rune for it, me and Alec knew we were together till the end.