Imagine- Amnesia Part 1(Alec×Reader)

Y/n's POV
I was driving to the Institute, when out of nowhere, a black van comes in front of me. I swerve out of the way, but hit a tree. Hard.

My soul left my body as I watched it be rushed into an ambulance. I knew I was a goner. I would never see my boyfriend Alec again. Or, fight demons with my best friend Jace. This was it.

Alec's POV
Today was a normal day. Y/n was running late to the Institute. She had left three hours ago to go to the library. We were working on a mission that required research, so she went and got it, but she hasn't came back yet. I was starting to get worried.

I was snapped out of my thought when my phone rang. I picked it up quickly hoping it was y/n.
"Hello? Is this Alec Lightwood?" A male asked. 'Nope, that's not y/n'
"Yes." I said annoyed.
"Well, y/n y/l/n was involved in a car crash an hour ago, and you were her most resent used contact. She is in severe condition, and we need you to come to the hospital immediately." He said. I dropped my phone, and got up, and put my coat on. Tears were falling from my eyes like a waterfall. She was always there for me. The light of my life. My world. My.... Everything. What was I going to do without her? Grabbing everything I need, I walked out of the room.

I left the Institute running, memories of me and y/n together running through my head, only making more tears fall. Like that time when I asked her to be my girlfriend, and how she didn't even answer, but kissed me instead. And that time when we made cupcakes together, and how they were really bad, but better than Izzy's food. More tears fell. And more. And more. And more.

Finally, I reached the hospital. I ran in quickly asking the lady at the front desk, where y/n was. She said floor 3, and that I have to wait in the waiting room before I can see her. I got on floor 3, and sat in the waiting room. Tears still fell down my face. I put my head in my hands.
Letting myself think freely.

Y/n's POV
I watched them work on me. I admit, it sounds weird, but if you were me, where would you be?

I suddenly felt like I was being pulled. Pulled back into my body. Pulled back into reality. Pulled back into life. Pulled back to Alec.

Alec's POV
I was sitting and thinking, when a male doctor came from her room. He walked over to me.
"Are you y/n's boyfriend?" He questioned, looking down at me. I was too weak to answer, so I just nod. Everyone back at the Institute new about y/n. Jace said he'd come and see her when he was aloud to.

The male doctor continued to speak.
"I'm sorry, but she slipped into a coma." My heart stopped....

"A HOSPITAL ALONE SHOWS WHAT WAR IS."
-Erich Maria Remarque

A/N
TaraMullis gave me this idea, so thank you.
                 ~Author