I'm at Peace. (Jace+Reader)

A/N
This is a request from Bbdqqce1 and the name being used is Ivani. Hope you enjoy. P.S this is not written how it plays out in season 2, episode 10.

  Ivani's Pov
  The past few months had been hell, I admit. I was dating Jace and I loved him. But he broke up with me over something so stupid and childish.

  Back when I was 15, my crush, Aaron, who was 17, took my virginity. We weren't dating and I was stupid enough to believe he loved me. He didn't.

  So then I confronted him. I straight up told him how mad I was at him for taking something so precious away from me after fooling me. I didn't really care for his reaction, more about if he would listen.

  When the news reached Jace about my confrontation to Aaron, he broke up with me. I was more angry than sad at that point. He was supposed to be by me even when times are rough such as moments like this.

  Recently though, someone had been helping me out of the slump I had been in. Simon apparently has had feelings for me for a while now. I told him that I wouldn't date him because I had still loved Jace and it would be cruel for me to take Simon's feelings for granted.

  Simon didn't care though. He said that he would date me and get rid of the feelings I had for Jace so I would feel the absolute same about him like he did for me.

  I agreed. It may seem cruel, but Simon was a positive person that could make me happy and I believed that it was very possible to loose my feelings for Jace. So we began dating.

  My problems aren't the only reason these past few months have been hell. In the Institute, everyone is trying to prevent Valentine from making Clary touch the Soul Sword. Basically, everyone is frantic.

  And then something happened.

Jace took the little time he had before Valentine work up to destroy the sword. He had demon blood in him so he would destroy the sword and kill himself if he touched it.

  Simon, Clary, and I were able to make it just in time to see Jace standing over the sword about to grab it.

  "Jace! Stop! You'll die!" I scream at him.

  Then, every Downworlder ran into the room. He looks up and I can see the look on his face. He's going to grab it.

  "Ivani, you have to know, I didn't break up with you because of Aaron. I did it to protect you." And then he lunged for the sword.

  "No!" I scream and try to run after him, but Simon pulls me back.

  Clary shields Simon as Jace grabs the sword. Jace is shocked from the sword but the sword survives and so does Jace. I let out of a sigh of relief. He's alive, but the sword isn't destroyed. I look around and every Downworlder is dead.

  "Oh, my god." I cover my mouth and begin to cry as some of these Downworlders were some of my friends as I have angel blood and greater demon blood. I am a Shadowhunter and warlock.

"Why didn't that destroy the sword?" Clary asks.

"Because you don't have demon blood." Valentine says as he gets up from the ground where he had laid unconscious seconds earlier.

  Jace gets up from his spot on the floor and begins to fight with Valentine. Jace was about to disarm, but then Valentine said something that distracted Jace from the fight.

  "Jace," Valentine pants, "Clary's not your sister." He smiles wickedly.

  Jace drops his arms and his face changes to a shocked expression as he stares back at Clary. She looks back at him with a pained expression and then my mind flashes.

  Jace is kicked down and is stripped of the Soul Sword by Valentine. He quickly stands back up ready to fight, but is stabbed in the heart by the Soul Sword.

  I scream and lunge at him as Clary disarms and knocks out Valentine. I lay and cradle Jace in my arms as he struggles to breathe.

  "Ivani," He brings be out of my sobbing state, "its ok. You're safe, that's all that matters."

  "No! It's not ok, Jace! You're not gonna leave me!" I sob into his chest.

  Clary rushes over and tries to heal him with her special runes, but it doesn't work and Clary begins to cry with me as Jace takes his last breaths.

"I love you." He says and then closes his eyes for the last time.

"No!" I scream.

My eyes widen from the vision and I see it begin to play out. Jace gets up and Valentine jumps forward with the sword.

I scream and jump in front of Jace feeling pain begin to spread in my stomach. I fall down to the ground and feel blood begin to drop from my mouth.

Jace's eyes widen and he quickly disarms Valentine and he drops to the ground next to me, pulling me into his arms. My vision begins to blur, but I see Clary destroy the sword and run over to me.

"You can't leave, ok?" Jace sobs, "You'll be fine! Clary will fix you!"

He moves me over to Clary and she begins to draw the rune, but it doesn't work, so she tries again and again and again until she's in hysterics, realizing she can no longer save her best friend.

Jace realizes that there's no way to save her and begins to sob. He fumbles with his stele as he attempts to fix the injury on my stomach.

"It has to work! It has to work! Come on!" He cries, aggravated.

I can feel myself slipping away so I take what little time I have left and say goodbye to Jace. I cup his face, grabbing his attention.

"It's ok, Jace. You're safe. That's all that matters." I smile softly.

"No! It's not ok, Ivani! I love you! Please don't leave me!" He begs me, but he knows I don't have a choice.

"I'm at peace, Jace." He stops and looks down at me with worry in his eyes, "I'll be ok. You'll be ok. You'll feel a little pain, but you'll be fine and move on. This is my ending. I can't change fate. I'll see my mother again and you'll be just fine. Tell Uncle Luke, Anne, my godmother, Magnus, my godfather, Alec, and Isabelle that I'll miss them. And Simon," he looks up, tears streaming down his face, "you were an amazing boyfriend for the time I got to spend with you. Thank you for making me happy again. And Jace, I love you so much. I know our story didn't come with a happy ending, but not all happy stories need one. I wish you a wonderful future with a wife and children. You'll have many good opportunities in your life and I hope you take every single one. And Clary," I turn my head to her, wincing in pain at the discomfort, "you were a great sister. We weren't related by blood, but we didn't need to be. We knew each other since birth and that was close enough. I have one final request for you. Please sing our childhood song for me?" Ivani smiles and touches her cheek.

Clary let's out a sob and begins to softly sing the lyrics as best as she can while crying.

Goodbye, no use leading with our chins,

The soft song fell from Clary's trembling lips as I imagined my mother singing this song to me on cold nights.

This is where our story ends,

She would cradle me in a ball and rock me back and forth trying to shield me from the dangerous world.

Never lovers ever friends.

I would clutch on to her as the warmth from the fire calmed me down into a deep slumber.

When I opened my eyes next, Jace was holding tightly on to me and Clary was on the most important lyric of the song, my favorite lyric.

I wish you love...

With that, I knew I could leave. My mother would be there and I knew Jace and everyone else was safe. I drifted off to the sound of Clary's shaky voice and Jace's silent sobs. I was happy it ended this way.