Imagine- I'm so sorry (Jace×Reader)

Y/n's POV
Have you ever had to do something you never wanted to do? Well, I have to now.

Right at this moment, Jace was kneeling in front of me with a diamond ring and a pleading expression. He was waiting for the answer to a huge question. And I had an answer. One I didn't like.

"I'm so sorry, Jace. I can't."

1 day earlier...
Every since I found out I was a Shadowhunter, I got visions of the future along with other special abilities. The visions were short. 30 seconds to a minute long. They were...interesting. Scary as all hell, but nonetheless interesting.

Right now, I was on my phone in mine and Jace's room.

Anyway, I was on my phone scrolling through Twitter, until suddenly I got a vision.

I was laying in a puddle of my own blood with a stab wound in my stomach. You could see the tears in my eyes. From the ground, I turned my head to the left.

Now I understood what was happening. Jace was being held back by two guys. Another guy was about 2 feet away from me with a satisfied smirk on his face. And...a sword with blood on it. My blood.

Jace was being forced to watch me die. I didn't even care about the pain I was going through, I couldn't imagine being forced to watch him die. I didn't want to leave him.

I saw me mutter a quick 'I love you' and then my eyes slowly closed and never opened again.

Jace began screaming and kicking his feet and swinging his arms. The tears were clear on his face and the miserable look on his face made me sick to my stomach.

Then, it ended. I was breathing heavily and tears were running down my cheeks. I put my hand over my mouth to stop the sobbing, but it wasn't working.

I was going to die. And Jace was going to have to watch it. No!

I thought long and hard about it and decided to break up with him. Tomorrow, he was taking me out to a fancy restaurant. I hated this idea, but it's the only way I can stop him from suffering a great loss. I don't know how long I have until the vision actually happens so tomorrow is the best time.

I decided to avoid Jace for the rest of the day. I texted him and told him I was staying in Clary's room for a sleepover. Which I did. And I never mentioned the vision. I just couldn't. Not now.

In the morning, I got ready and avoided Jace again. I gave him small smiles when our eyes met in the Institute, but I always fled off when he tried to come closer to talk.

Later that night, he stopped by the room and we both got ready for the date. I was finished and he was too.

He was wearing a black tuxedo and I was wearing a purple sweet heart neckline long dress that was covered in sparkles. It was beautiful. (Bish, I can't afford dat shit)

He grabbed my hand and we took the walk in the cool air to the restaurant only a block away. We spoke about anything we could until we got there.

We ate and goofed off. We spent a good 10 minutes mocking all the posh people around us. It was hilarious. Most entertaining dinner I had ever been to.

Once we finished eating, Jace grabbed my hand pulled me up from my seat, and dragged me with him outside.

"Where are we going, Jace?!" I giggled, noticing that we were not heading in the direction of the Institute.

"It's a surprise!" He said in a cheery voice.

"Whatever!" I laughed.

About three blocks later, we were at my old apartment. Where we first met.