Imagine- Nightmares (Alec×Reader)

A/N
Ok, so I know I already did one like this with Simon, but this one is when Alec has a nightmare and you calm him down. Also, some parts of this will be in third person, but it'll show when.

Y/n's POV
I could feel myself being awoken by someone hitting me, lightly. It was very annoying. I thought it was Alec just trying to be annoying. It kept happening though, over and over and over.

I opened my eyes to see Alec tossing and turning, waving his arms around. I tried to shake him awake.

10 minutes later, I had tried everything to get him awake. He was having a bad nightmare because his clothes and the bed sheets were soaked in his sweat.

I finally thought of a good way to wake him up, so I left our bedroom to get a glass of water.

Third person...
Alec was tossing and turning, trying to escape his nightmare. In the nightmare, y/n was getting tortured right in front of him. And he could do nothing to save you. Alec felt so useless. He was crying so hard. Your blood was everywhere. He wish he could switch places with you. Suddenly, Alec was awoken from his nightmare.

Alec's POV
I shot up from my horrible nightmare. I looked to my side to see that y/n wasn't laying next to me, nor in our bedroom. I began to panic. What if the nightmare was real, and y/n really is gone?

I started to cry at the thought of her being gone. I heard someone run up the stairs to our bedroom.

Y/n came bursting through the door with a worried look. Her eyes widened when she saw me awake and crying. She jumped on the bed and pulled me into a tight hug.
"What's wrong, baby? I was so worried. You didn't wake up. I-I-" she was interrupted by me giving her a passionate kiss.
"I'm ok, baby. It was just a nightmare. I'm just glad you're right here in my arms." I said, she smiled sweetly.
"You want to talk about it." She asked, quietly.
"You were being tortured right in front of me, and I couldn't stop them. I felt so useless. I couldn't save you. I-I just love you so much. When I woke up, you weren't there, and I was worried, that you might have actually been taken from me. Please don't ever leave me. I don't know what I would do without you." I broke down in tears after finishing what I was saying. She hugged me tighter.
"I promise never to leave you. I love you so so so much, and I don't know what I would do without you either. You are my whole world. Do you want to go back to sleep? We can cuddle?" She asked. I would never turn down that offer. I nodded, and she laid on my chest, listening to my heartbeat. I played with her hair, and she traced shapes and designs on my chest.
"I love you." I whispered in her ear.
"I love you too." She whispered back.

Y/n kept her promise to stay with me forever. We loved each other equally. I loved her just a little bit more, though.

"Shake me from my sleep,
whisper in my ear,
tell me it was all a dream,
and you're here to make
the nightmares go away."
-Pinterest

"The nightmare was
when I woke up,
snd realized,
you were gone."
-Anonymous