Imagine- Nightmares (Simon×Reader)

A/N
Y/g/f= Your guy friend
This story had nothing to do with the Shadow World. Simon does not know who Clary is. Never had a relationship.

Y/n's POV
"Why are you so dramatic?" Simon yelled at my face. "I knew I never loved you." I stood there taken back by his words.
"Me? You got mad at me for hanging out with y/g/f. He is like my brother." I said.
"But is he?" He asked, already knowing the answer. "You know what? I'm done y/n. Go have fun making out with y/g/f. Have a great life y/n." He said, and then like that he was gone, but not before slamming the door.

He left me sitting against the wall in tears, missing him.

I shot straight out of my bed, breathing rapidly. It was dark, but I could still see my boyfriend of 2 years, Simon, on my left. Tears streamed down my face as I sobbed, sweat dripping from my forehead. I tried to be as quiet as possible, so I wouldn't wake Simon up. That is until I hear shuffling, and a whisper.
"Babe?"
"Yeah, I'm ok. Go back to sleep." I said in response. Then, Simon looks up and sees me crying. He shoots up, and wraps his arms around me.
"What's wrong? Are you okay? What happened?" He rambled.
"I-I had a n-n-n-nightmare." I stuttered out. He squeezed me tighter.
"Shh, it's ok. I'm here. Everything is alright. Baby, I won't let anything happen to you." He calmed me down.
"t-thank y-you" I said, feeling way better.
"Want to talk about it?" He asked. I really didn't want to. But, I knew it was probably best for me. I nodded.
"Y-you left me b-because you thought I was d-dramatic and overreacting. And b-because I was hanging out with y/g/f too much." I explained. He hugged me so tight. We pulled apart, and he looked into my eyes.
"Baby, hey, y/n, I would never leave you. You are not dramatic nor overreacting." He said.
"Promise?" I asked.
"Promise." He said, kissing me.

"Cuddle?" He asked.
"Yes!" I said, excited. He pulled me closer to him, and I layed my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.
"I love you." He whispered.
"I love you more than you could ever know." I whispered back.

"With him by my side,
Fear was just another word."