Hate (Alec+Reader)

Y/n's Pov
Alec Lightwood. My enemy. He has hated me since kindergarten. And the feeling was mutual.

We were polar opposites. He loved popish music while I fell more towards punk rock music. He loved to watch movies and then read the books. I loved to read the books and then watch the movies.

We couldn't even make it as friends.
Anyways, I was walking into the common room looking for Izzy. I was going out tonight on a date with some random dude off of Tinder and needed help with an outfit.

I found Izzy trimming her nails and listening to music with her earbuds in. I pulled one of them out and spoke into her ear.

"Guess who's going on a date?"

It didn't even take a second before Izzy jumped up and squealed.

"Let me guess, you need help with an outfit." She asked like a psychic.

"Damn girl, how did you read my mind?"

We both laughed and walked toward my room.

An hour later, we decided on a simple pair of skinny jeans and a fitting t-shirt. For the date, we were only going to get some coffee. So, we wanted to keep it pretty chill.

For shoes, we went with a cute pair of teal converse. And to top it off, a leather jacket.

I walked out of my room, practically thanking Izzy on my knees for helping me with an outfit. My fashion sense kinda sucks.

As I was leaving for my date, I make eye contact with the big bad wolf himself. Alec. He glares at me, for which I glare back at him. He looks me up and down and suddenly grabs me into a room.

"Alec!" I practically scream, "What are you doing?! I have somewhere to be."

"Where?" He breathes, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to the coffee place down the street for a date, why Lightwood?"

Suddenly, I notice his eyes go dark.

"A date? Why a date? Why now? With who?"

"Woah chill, Alec. What's wrong with me going on a date?"

"What's wrong with you going on a date? Is that even a question? You could get hurt." He clears his throat, "Or drag a threat right back to the Institute and cause everyone else danger." He says.

"Alec, you and I both know I can handle threats. We also know that I can tell when someone's following me." I say confidently.

"No you don't!"

"Yes I do!"

"No you don't!"

"Yes I do!"

"No you don't!"

"Yes I-"

I was cut of by Alec's lips on mine. I felt sparks shoot through my body. It was so wrong, but it felt so right.

We continued to make out for 10 minutes until we pulled apart for air. We pulled apart and tested our foreheads against each other's.

"Ya know I don't hate you, right?" Alec asks.

"Yeah, I was kinda hoping you wouldn't." I giggled.

"I actually love you. I have. For a while now."

"Little did you know that the feeling was mutual for years." I smiled and kissed him again.

"Well, now you have to cancel your date." Alec smiled.

"Aw," I fake pouted, "I was really looking forward to some coffee."