Imagine- Memories (Jace×Reader)

A/N
This imagine has a panic attack, and mentions of brutal memories.

Y/n's POV
2 years ago I came back from London. I lived in London since I was 5. I joined the British army when I was 18. I was there for 3 years, and I ended up getting in a giant explosion with the rest of my troop. I was the only surviver. I suffered two broken legs, and slipped into a coma. The doctors said that me breaking my legs made them way stronger than they were before. I was really fast, and strong. Before the explosion, I was captured by the enemy, and locked in a room were they tortured me. I always felt like the walls were closing in on me. That's why I am deadly claustrophobic.

After getting out of the hospital, I quickly moved to America to escape the bad memories. 2 months in, I figured out I was a Shadowhunter. It took me 3 weeks to figure out if I really wanted to fight again, and I did. I never told anyone about my experience.

I live at the New York Institute with Jace, Alec, and Izzy. We are a little gang. I had always had a crush on Jace. I loved his eyes, and hair. One time he let me put it in a man bun. I also became Izzy's parabatai. And well Alec...he just likes to tease me.

Present Day....
I was chasing Alec because he stole my bagel and ate it. I chased him down the hallways, and saw him go into someone's room. I went in, but didn't see him. Then, I heard the door close, and lock behind me. I went up to it, and banged on it.
"LET ME OUT ALEC!!" I screamed. I checked to see if there was any other ways out, there wasn't. I was starting to have a panic attack. My breathing got faster and faster and faster. Until it stopped and I couldn't breathe. Memories started flooding through my head.
'You'll never escape.'
'You're gonna die.'
'Your troop will pay.'
'Awww they forgot about you'
'Hey guys, the little freak is crying'
'Lock the door, she'll never get out'
'There is no escape'
Flashback
I watched as the leader of the enemy shut and locked the door. Each day they would come in, and cut me. Each day was longer then the last. I am going to be here forever. They were right there is no escape. I curled up in the corner. This was the end.
Flashback Over
I started grabbing at my hair pulling it, and screaming, trying to get the memories to go away. They are never going to go away.
'You're going to be here forever.'
Everything was spinning. I couldn't see straight. I fell into a mirror, and I heard it shatter into a million pieces.
This was the end.

Outside....
Alec was pulling on the door knob, trying to make the door open. He knew he was in trouble. 'Why is she screaming bloody murder.' He thought. Alec thought that maybe someone was in there trying to hurt her. Jace ran around the corners of the Institute. He ran fast because he knew that that was his crush's screams. He was deadly worried. He turned the corner to see Alec pulling on the door knob.
"What's happening?" He asked Alec.
"I-I was m-messing around w-with
y/n, and I l-l-l-locked her in here,
a-and she w-w-won't stop s-screaming. I t-think someone's in there with
h-her. The d-d-door is s-s-s-stuck." Alec said trembling. He was scared of what Jace would think of him after what he did. Jace didn't do anything except push the door. He did it a few more times until the door was knocked down. What they saw was horrifying.

They saw y/n on the floor with shards of glass stuck in her body all over the place. She was covered in blood. She looked like she was murdered. Her hair was a mess. She was unconscious. 'This is all my fault.' Alec thought a tear running down his cheek. To be honest, Alec had had a crush on y/n since she got here. But, Jace liked her, and Jace always gets the girls. It wasn't a major crush, but it was enough to know that he liked her. Jace didn't waste a second, to quickly pick her up, and take her to the infirmary. The doctors said she suffered minor injuries, and that she lost a lot of blood that might make her be out for a day or two. Jace and Alec were both crying. Alec did this to her. And Jace couldn't save her.

2 days later....
Y/n's POV
I opened my eyes to see I was in a bed. I swung my legs over the side. I felt horrible. Like I was literally cut into a million pieces. I saw a tall mirror in the corner of the room, and I quickly ran to it. I had scratches and cuts all over me. Deep ones, shallow ones, long ones, and short ones. I looked horrible too. I started to remember every thing that happened. All the memories have scarred me for life. My hands went flying to my mouth as tears spilled from my eyes. Then, I heard the door open. An infirmary doctor came in.
"Glad to see you awake." He said plainly.
"Where's Jace and everyone else?" I asked.
"Well, I don't know, but I can see where they are and let them come see you." He said.
"That would be amazing, thanks." I said. He looked at what looked to be his phone, and he texted someone.
"Ok, now I need you to tell me what you remember." He asked.
"All I remember is having a panic attack, and falling into the mirror." I lied.
"What causes the attack?" He asked.
"Well, I am sevirouly claustrophobic. Being locked in that room, triggered it." I said.
"Ok, well, thanks for cooperating with me, and you should be out of here later today." He said.

1 hour later...
Jace came through the door with a worried face. He sat down in a chair next to my bed.
"I'm so sorry, I should have been-" I cut him off right away.
"You have nothing to be sorry about." I said.
"Yes, I do. I should have been there quicker. This is all my fault." He said shamefully.
"No, it's no one's fault. I'm ok." I said.
"Alright, but what happened?" He asked.
"Idk, my claustrophobic kicked in." I lied.
"I know your lying. Tell the truth."
'Dammit' I thought. He knows.
"Fine... I was born in Ohio. At the age of 5, my family moved to London. At age 18, I joined the British army. One day, while I was with the rest of the troop, I got captured. They locked me in a small room, like the room I was in." I took a deep breath to relax myself. "The enemy kept me in there. Came in every day, and cut me. I looked like how I do now. One day, they left for at least 2 hours. I was able to escape. I found my troop right by the building I was held captured in. While, we were moving back to the building, a grenade was thrown at us. I suffered two broken legs from the explosion. The rest of my troop died. The doctors said me breaking my legs made them way stronger than they were before, and that they made me faster. They gave me a Military Cross. I quickly moved away from there, to here.

"When Alec locked me in there it just brought back those memories. They put me in shock. I had a panic attack, and couldn't breathe. I tried to get out, and get someone's help, but it didn't work. I-I-I-" I managed.
"Hey, Hey, it's ok. Come here." He said assuringly. He grabbed me into a hug, and I sobbed into his chest.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't know." He said.
"It's ok, I-I didn't want to tell anyone." I said truthfully.
"I'm glad your ok, though. I don't know what I would have done without you." He said.
"I don't know what I would have done without you either." I said. Our faces were so close. Then, our lips touched. The kiss lasted 2 minutes. We pulled apart.
"Would you be my girlfriend?" He asked.
"Of course." I said. I kissed him one last time, and got back up. I went to the bathroom, and changed, and me and Jace went on our first date.

All those memories will never be forgotten, but he will help me move on.

"If we don't end war, war will end us."
-H.G. Wells

A/N
Sarah91t made this story idea up, so go follow her.
                     ~Author