Imagine- What is that rune? Part 2 (Alec×Reader)

*Warning: Religion Mentions- Catholic*
Y/n's POV
My heart had dropped at the sight of Alec crying. I have been dead for six months, and I am still waiting. Why am I waiting? Because God made a promise with me when I was up in heaven. The promise was that when 6 and a half months rolled around for the anniversary of my death, he would put me back on earth. I would go back to living my Shadowhunter life with Alec.

Why was God doing this for me? Well, I wasn't supposed to be killed. That demon messed up God's plans. I was supposed to live longer. Have kids, grow old with Alec, and have grandkids. God was going to give me another chance.

I was happy and anxious. I couldn't wait to be back in Alec's arms. But, I would only have to wait another 2 weeks. God would put my soul back in my body, that was buried, but make my casket rise to the surface of the earth, and I would get out, and go back to the Institute. But, God would remove my memory of heaven. I couldn't believe what a big second chance I was getting...

2 weeks later...
I had said my final goodbyes to the angels I met in heaven. This was it.

I found where God was. He was was watching over everyone. I didn't have anything with me, so I just walked up to Him.
"I'm ready." I said. He looked at me, and nodded. He put his hands over my head, and I felt like I was being sucked away. Then, everything went black.

Present time, back on earth...
Y/n's POV
I woke up in a box. Not just any box, a casket. All I remember is dying, looking into Alec's eyes before everything went black.

It was hard to breathe in here, so I decided to get out. I pushed the lid up. It revealed the graveyard, I guess I was buried in.

I took at least 5 minutes just looking around at my surroundings. Taking it all in. I was gone for almost 7 months. The earth was beautiful.

Snapping back into reality, I stood up, and stepped out of my casket. I watched in awe as the casket and gravestone dissapeared. Once they were gone, I decided to start walking towards the Institute, though I was only in a dress, and it was chilly.

After about 10 minutes of walking, I made it to the Institute doors. I wanted to surprise everyone, so I walked in quickly, making sure no one saw me. I ran off to Alec and I's room.

Once I was in, I saw that none of my stuff was touched. Everything looked the same. I just looked around the room for about 20 minutes, just looking at all the photos of me and Alec. I got quite tired of standing, so I sat on our bed.

I heard the sound of a door knob jiggle, and I looked up at the door. The door opened, to reveal a very tired looking Alec. His head was lowered the whole time, so he couldn't see me.

I cleared my throat, to get his attention. His head snapped up, and his eyes met mine. His eyes widened. He didn't waste øne second, before running up and hugging me. We fell on our bed. His hugs were so tight.

We pulled apart and he kissed me. We kissed for at least 8 minutes. We both pulled apart, and he looked at me as if saying 'Are you really here?'.
"Alec, I'm here to stay. I love you so much." At this point, both of us were in crying.
"How? I watched you die. In my arms... how?" He said, still shocked.
"I don't know... I guess... God gave me a second chance." I said, smiling.
"It doesn't matter. You are here with me now. Omg, I just.... Jesus Christ you scared me when you died." We laughed at his comment. We kissed one more time, before he whispered in my ear, that we should probably go tell the others. I hugged him right and nodded.

The rest of the night consisted of us telling them what happened, introducing me to Clary, tears, hugs, and convincing people that I was really alive. It was a great night. But, the best part, was being back with the love of my life.

"When I saw you,
I fell in love.
And you smiled,
because you knew."
-William Shakespeare