Imagine- Fathers, daughter (Malec)

Y/n's Pov
Hi my name is Y/n Bane Lightwood. My dads are Alec Lightwood and Magnus Bane. I loved them both so much.

Right now, I was in the Institute training. I was a shadowhunter that was put up for adoption and Alec and Magnus found me. They adopted me and now we all live together.

I was in the training room fighting a dummy and then a boy came into the room and I stopped. He was one of my friends, Jackson.

"Can I help you?" I asked in a sassy tone.

"Well hello to you too." He laughed.

"Oh hello" I laughed. "Sooooo"

"I was just in here to ask if you wanted to fight. I am working on my guns." He said in a jockey tone pointing at his muscles.

I started to burst out laughing.

"Ok, Let's do this."

He picked up a stick and began to fight me. It was a battle of pure giggles. We were only laughing the whole time. Until he swept his stick underneath my legs and I fell to the ground. Jackson thought I was finished, but I wasn't.

I caught him off guard and swung my stick underneath his legs making him fall on top of me.

"Why hello there." He said in a british accent.

"Hello." I said, laughing.

Then it happened. He kissed me. I kissed back. But then I realised what I was doing. I pushed him off of me and ran away. I then ran back to my house.

Magnus was there drinking some champagne. He saw the fear on my face.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked.

"Boys." I said.

"Ohhh, Y/n is gonna have a boyfriend." He teased.

"He kissed me!" I shouted.

"He what?!" He yelled.

"He kissed me. He kissed me. He kissed me. He kissed me." I rambled.

"Calm down." He reasoned.

"I can't! I can't calm down. What do I do? What should I say? What will dad think?" I went pale.

"Why don't we wait to find out. Just sit down on the couch and I'll get you something to drink. Dad should be home any minute." He got me a drink and I sat down.

10 minutes later Alec came in through the door. He walked over to dad and gave him a kiss. His attention then turned to me.

"Hey, darling. What's wrong? You left the Institute early." He asked.

"No, Jackson kissed me." I said.

Dad's face went completely red.

"HE WHAT?!" He yelled.

"He kissed me while we were training."

"Well, do you like him?" He asked.

"Yes...." I mumbled.

"Nope. Not happening." Dad shook his head.

I shot up from my seat.

"WHY?" I yelled.

"You are to young for a boyfriend, young lady. And I don't know him that well. Not happening." He shook his head again.

"What? Dad! A little help here?" I looked over at my other dad who was just casually drinking champagne in a chair.

He sighed, got up, walked over to dad, and put both hands on his shoulder.

"Come on, Alec. Let's meet the kid, see who he really is. How he treats her and then make a decision together." He reasoned.

Dad sighed and agreed.

"Ok." He spoke. "Ok, let's meet him. Tomorrow when I have a chance me and Magnus will come and see you guys." He agreed.

I jumped up, squealed, and then hugged both up them.

"Omg, I have to talk to him first." I said.

They both nodded at me as I left the apartment.

I ran to the Institute. Once I was inside, I bumped into Jackson. I started to laugh, but then got serious.

"Listen-"
"I need-"

We both spoke at the same time. We both laughed.

"You go first." We said in unison.

Then we laughed again.

"I'll go first." He said. "Listen, I'm sorry about the whole kiss thing, but I really like you and it's ok if you don't fell the same. I'll be ok." He said sadly.

"I do like you. My dad just doesn't know you that well so tomorrow he's coming down with my other dad and they are going to 'interview' you to see if they approve of me to date you." I said.

His face lifted and he was so much happier.

"Ok, well then I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked.

"Tomorrow it is." I smiled.

In the end, my dads approved of him and now Jackson and I are dating.

A/N
Requested by alecxrunes
~Author