Imagine- Runes (Alec×Reader)

A/N
Thanks to Sarah91t for this idea. This is based of of the episode in season 2 where the reader discovers a new rune.
~Author

Runes

There are so many of them. It takes a while to learn them all. It takes practice. If you want to know every rune, and know how to draw them, it'll take hard work.

Runes

They save us, ShadowHunters. They create new ways of life for us. We can do so much more with these runes. They help us live, they help us fight.

Runes

I wonder what happens when we discover a new one?

Y/n's POV
Ok, so I am going to tell you a little bit about myself. I am y/n. I am 19 years old, and a Shadowhunter. I figured it out not too long ago. Anyways, when I figured out I was a Shadowhunter, it was chaotic. Everyone was looking for my mom. We found her, but was soon killed by a demon. Before that happend, I had a crush on Alec. He was always stern and strict, but I liked that. Soon, we both started to like each other. He asked me out on a date, and we are still dating. I love him, and he loves me, even after we figured out I was Valentne's daughter.

That's enough about me. So, today I was looking for a certain warlock that was able to bring back my mother. When, I found her location, I went straight to it. Jace came with me.

Once me and Jace get to her house, Jace finally speaks up.
"Hey, y/n? Where are we?" He asks.
"Oh, I just need to talk to someone in here." I said nervously. He looks at me suspiciously and was about to speak, when the door swings open to reveal the warlock I was looking for.

Time skip...(btw you might want to watch this episode to understand... a lot)
I made the blood oath, and now was the concentrating part. I put my mom's lock of hair on the table, and concentrated hard. Then, everything was shaking.

Another Time Skip...
I was trapped with the demon in the basement. I didn't know what to do. Until, I got a vision of a rune, and I quickly drew it on my hand. Sunlight shot from my hand scaring the demon away.

Then, out of nowhere, Jace killed the demon. He saw the rune.
"What was that?" He asked.
"I don't know, but I saw a vision of a rune, drew it, and then the sunlight blasted from my hand." I explained.
"Well, do you remember what it looked like?" Jace asked.
"No, I just, just drew it." I said, awestruck from the situation.
"Alright let's just keep this between us." He said before walking to the exit.

1 week later...

This week has been crazy. I have been talking to Jace in private a lot about the rune. Izzy got possessed by a demon, and almost killed Alec and I. I haven't spoken to Alec in a while, so that's why I am going to see him.

When I get to Alec's room, he's sitting at his desk... thinking?
"Hey, babe." I said.
"Hey." He replied.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"You and Jace is what is wrong. Are you cheating on me?" He asked, now standing.
"What? No, why, why would I do that?" I asked, clearly confused.
"Well, you obviously are. You guys sneek around all the time, and slip away from the group whenever you guys get the chance." He said, tears in his eyes. I got up, and hugged him tight. He didn't hug back, and I knew he wouldn't. I pulled back, and looked into his eyes.
"Alec, I would never cheat on you. You know when me and Jace went to that warlock's house? Well, when I was trapped in the basement, I got a vision of a new rune, me and Jace have never seen before, I traced it on my hand and it shot out sunlight. After I used it, I forgot what it looked like. So, Jace said we should keep it a secret, until we figured out more about it. I swear, and you can go ask him. He'll tell you what I told you and you are his parabati, so you should know when he is lieing." I said.
"So you aren't cheating?" He asked.
"No." I said. He got up and hugged me tight.
"Thank God." He whispered, and kissed my hair. I giggled, and kissed him on the lips.

"All of the stories and legends are true."

-ShadowHunters