Imagine- Anxiety (Alec+Reader)

Alec's Pov
I had very bad anxiety at the moment. Y/n was away on a trip with some friends in Australia. And recently, there was an outbreak in demons there. He/She only brought his/her stele with him/her too. Y/n said that Australia was clear so he/she didn't think he/she would need his/her sword. Well, look at us now.

Y/n hasn't been completely silent. He/She had been texting me every two hours just to check in.

Y/n doesn't want the outbreak to stop him/her from having fun though. So, he/she wasn't coming home.

I couldn't eat or get sleep because of the feeling of him/her being there with those monsters. He's/She's safe. He's/She's safe...

I had to repeat that over and over just to get through the days. There was only two days left of the trip, but I was still pacing around like a worried parent.

He/She could be in danger.

Y/n's Pov
I was in Australia right now with some friends for an awesome vacation. That was until Alex called me panicking about the fact that there was a demon outbreak here.

I had to reassure him and tell him that I would text every two hours.

These demons won't ruin my fun though. I just have to stay away from any public places. Sucks...right?

I do feel bad for Alec though. Ever since we started dating, his anxiety was off the hook about me. He would freak over the slightest things. But I helped him get better. He rarely had anxiety attacks and when he did, I was always there to help him. It took so much convincing to even let me go on this trip.

Now, I could tell that the anxiety was slowly killing him. According to Jace, he wasn't eating very well and had very dark circles under his eyes, meaning he wasn't sleep well either.

I decided that my poor boyfriend should not be left in this condition. Last time he was like this, it took weeks to put him back on track. So, I decided to cut the trip back by two days.

I would fly back alone and let my friends and enjoy the rest of the vacation. Then, I would go home and show Alec that I'm fine and that I missed him dearly.

Now, I was walking out of my friends car to the airport. They couldn't drop me off up close because of the line, so they just let me out further away.

It had been almost two hours since I texted Alec, so, while walking, I grabbed my phone and looked down to text him about me getting on the flight.

Suddenly I was pushed to the ground. My suitcase and phone went flying. I looked up quickly to see a demon. Oh shit! All I have is my stele. I ran far back from the monster and turned my self invisible so I wouldn't be noticed.

What am I going to do? My friends are far gone by now and the other Institute here is far too. I guess I have to stall time. I quickly sent a text to the Institute closest to the airport on my now cracked phone. Ugh, stupid demon.

I looked up and saw the demon charging at me. I simply moved to the side and ran the opposite direction hoping to confuse it. It did. It's head was snapping in every direction for me. My sides were starting to hurt from all the running, but I kept pushing. Great plan, y/n. Great plan.

Another 10 minutes later, the demon has got me trapped underneath itself. In the 2.3 seconds I had left before the monster killed me, a sword slid through the demons chest and it screamed and then disintegrated.

I took a moment to catch my breath. I almost died. Alec is going to kill me.

I look up to see who saved my life and saw a tall guy with black hair and green eyes. Reminds me of Alec, I smiled softly.

The mysterious guy, held out a hand to help me up. I took it, stood up, and brushed myself off.

"Are you hurt?" the man asked. His accent was well Australian and sounded concerned for me.

"No, but thanks for saving me..." I lead on waiting for a name fill in.

"Jack." He smiled.

"Well, thank you, Jack. I barely have a scratch on me. You saved me from death. I owe you." I laughed.

"No problem....."

"Y/n."

"Yes, no problem, y/n. Just doing my job." Jack nodded.

"So you work for the Australia Institute?"

"Yeah, got a text in the chat room and decided to take action."

"Well, because you took action, I get to live another day." We laughed.

"Yeah. Well it was nice meeting you, y/n, but I think you have a flight to catch." Jack said.

"Oh shit, right. Here give me your number, so we can talk to each other. I'm pretty sure my boyfriend will love you. I mean, you saved my life." Jack laughed and typed his number into my phone.

After a brief goodbye, I began running to security. Once I got through there, I ran to my gate. I was just in time.

I quickly put my suitcase in the overhead bin and sat down. I put my phone on airplane mode and passed out of exhaustion.

I woke up to the captain telling us we landed. I can't believe I slept through that long of a flight. I grabbed my stuff and quickly walked off the plane, excited to see Alec. Oh crap, Alec!

I swiftly take my phone out and text Alec. He had sent me 116 messages all about where I was, if I was alright, and how come I wasn't answering.

There was also 57 missed calls. Oops...

I send him another text asking him to the airport. He responds with "On my way, you are in so much trouble for not texting me. Xx"

I miss him so much.

I suddenly see a black mop of hair walking this way. I identify him as Alec and quickly run and jump in his arms.

"Alec, I'm sorry I didn't answer. I was attacked by a demon and a nice guy named Jack saved me and I just barely made it on the flight and couldn't text you. I swear-" I begin to ramble.

"Baby, calm down." He says grabbing my shoulders, "The Australian Institute notified me about where you were and what happened. I'm glad you're ok." He sighed in relief and hugged me again, putting his face in the crook of my neck.

"Oh, so you're not mad?" I ask nervously.

"You honestly think I would get mad about you getting attacked. I had like four anxiety attacks just thinking about you getting hurt." Alec ran his hand through his hair for like the tenth time in the past 5 minutes.

"I can tell you didn't sleep well." I caressed his cheek, "How about we go cuddle and take a nap?"

"Please, baby. I couldn't sleep without you next to me."

I smiled as he placed his head on my shoulder as we walk out of the airport ready to have a long nap together.