For our baby... (Jace+Reader)

A/N
This is a request from LynnGunnHasAHotFace so the name will be Mackenzie/Kenzie for this imagine. Enjoy.

Kenzie's Pov
  My life is normal. Well, in my terms it is. I am a Shadowhunter at the New York Institute. I love what I do and I'm lucky enough to have so many friends involved with my job, so I don't have to keep secrets.

  I had been a Shadowhunter since birth just like everyone else; well besides Clary, who is one of my best friends. I grew up around the Lightwoods, including Jace.

  Alec and Izzy were like siblings to me and with Jace, we were known as the 'Fearsome Four'. We were known by that name not because we were violent, just because we would cause trouble everywhere we were. Pranks were our specialty. We were feared because people didn't want to be messed with by us. We were all friends. At least, we used to be.

  Present day me still is attached to the Lightwoods. But Jace, something happened between us. We weren't just friends anymore. We were more 'friends with benefits'.

  He took my first kiss when I was 15. I took his. It was something we both agreed on because we both trusted each other and we both wanted to get it out of the way. After that, we made a promise to never speak of it again. Honestly, we were both quite embarrassed.

  Flash forward two years, and he takes my virginity. I take his. Again, we agreed it was something we trusted each other with and we wanted it out of the way. And yes, we both knew it was crazy.

  But our first time lead to a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh time. It became a routine to sleep with each other at least two times a week. We just didn't talk about it. "No feelings attached", we agreed.

  It was always behind closed doors. No one knew. No one. It would be a big issue if anyone did. We were just messing around with each other, at least that's what we told ourselves.

  I had been feeling sick for the past week. I told Jace we wouldn't be able to do it and he was bummed, but understood. I had thrown up almost every morning and I always felt faint.

  I really didn't know what was wrong with me, so I dragged myself out of bed and went to the doctor's, hoping for some diagnosis.

  I sat in a chair waiting for the results from the doctor. They took tests, now I just had to wait.

  30 minutes later, my doctor comes through the door and I put my phone away. I turn my attention to her as she sits down. She sets my file down lightly on the table and looks up at me.

  "So... what's wrong with me, doc? Do I need any medication?"

  She sighs, "Are you ready for the news, Mackenzie?"

  "Um, yeah. Is it serious?" I was confused. Did I have a big disease?

  "You're pregnant, Mackenzie. 6 weeks pregnant."

  My heart drops and my breath catches in my throat, "What?"

  "You are pregnant, Mackenzie. Do you want me to call anyone?"

  Immediately I say something, "No!" I clear my throat, "No, that's ok. Is there anything else I need to do before I leave?"

  She nods, "We suggest you set up an appointment with your Primary Care Physician to get an ultrasound of the baby."

  Baby. I have a baby in my stomach. Shit. I'm only 18. It has to be Jace's. He's the only person I've ever had sex with.

  I snap out of my thoughts to see my doctor standing up and calling my name.