Witch- (Alec+Reader)

Y/n's Pov
Witch. It's a word I hate. But I am one and I have to live with that. I'm the daughter of Hecate (the goddess of ghosts, necromancy, magic, and night) and Valentine. I was born a witch, but I'm not a fan of that title.

  The reason is simple and bitter. My "mom", Hecate, did nothing for me when I needed her most. My "dad", Valentine, experimented on me when I was born. He injected me with angel blood and my "mom" did nothing. 

Alec, my crush of 4 years, and Jace, Clary, and Izzy, my best friends, are aware of my abilities, but I try to avoid using them. I only use them when I'm on missions at the Institute. Alec, since he's the head of the Institute, made an exception for me to live in the Institute and fight with the shadow hunters.

I admit that a lot of the shadow hunters feel sketchy towards me because of my association with Valentine (as if it was my choice). I still have my group of friends though; Alec, Izzy, Clary, and Jace.

  Recently the Institute had picked up Valentine's trail again and found him close. I became worried of what he could do.

Valentine's Pov
So she doesn't like being a witch. My heart hurts because of that, truly. That was sarcasm. I'll make her want to love being a witch. The only one that make her feel normal and not want to be a witch, is her schoolgirl crush, Alec. I take him away, she'll have no other choice, but to embrace her dark side.

I wasn't going to kill Alec. That's too easy. I need to do something that will mess with her brain. Make her want to rebel and break through. I had the perfect plan.

Y/n's Pov
I was walking to Alec's room so we could go out with Jace, Clary, and Izzy tonight. I saw his door cracked and peaked my head in. What I saw was heartbreaking.

Alec was leaning against his desk while he kissed Lydia. I was at a loss for words and tears formed in my eyes. Alec noticed me standing there and broke away from the kiss. He looked like he didn't have any emotions at all. He just stood there, staring at me.

"How-How could you?" I took a step closer to him so we were only a couple feet apart.

Lydia took a step back and walked out of the room excusing herself as if it would make her seem more pleasant.

"What do you mean?" Alec said his eyes blank.

"How could you do this to me? I thought you liked me, god I'm so stupid!" My voice broke and my vision was blurry as tears overflowed out of my eyes.

"No... you are worthless to me. I don't want anything to do with you, witch," he spat the last word like venom at me.

My heart broke and I gasped, holding a hand over my mouth to hold back my sobs. How could he? That word... he knows what that word means to me.

I sobbed and ran out of the room and out of the Institute. I caught the many weird glances I got from the abundance of shadow hunters. And the worried faces I saw of my friends.

I ignored them and teleported myself to Magnus' place. He was a warlock and I was a witch. You could see where our friendship branched from.

I fell to the floor as I appeared in his living room. I sobbed, weak and hurt. I heard the sound of a glass being set down and Magnus' frantic steps into his living room.

"Y/n? What happened? Are you ok?" He picked me up and sat me on his couch, checking me for any injuries.

"H-He kissed a-another g-girl!" I sobbed while breathing rapidly, "He said I was worthless and called me a," I paused and cringed at the word, "a w-witch."

His face went pale and I could see the hidden anger in his eyes, "Oh dear, I'm so sorry."

He pulled me in for a hug and I hugged back sobbing into his shirt. We pulled apart after I seized my panicked breathing. He wiped my remaining tears and put his hands on my shoulders.

"You need some hot chocolate," he stood up and came back several moments later with a coffee cup filled with hot chocolate.

He handed it to me and I took little, quick sips every few moments.

"This is probably too soon, but did he seem like himself at all? This doesn't sound like something he's ever do. Last time I was around, you two already looked like a happy couple," His face was filled of sympathy for me.

"Things change, I guess. I shouldn't be this upset about this, he wasn't even mine," I looked down, "But, he didn't seem like himself. He never even flinched at what he was saying. And I couldn't find any emotions on his face or in his eyes," I sniffled, reliving the events that happened only moments ago.

"Okay, this might seem like I'm stretching, but what if he was under a spell?" His eyes lit up at the chance of Alec being innocent.

"I don't know, Magnus," I sighed, "He really hurt me. And how would we even find out?"

"You're right... it's a bad idea. Just stay here until you have to go back to the Institute okay?"

And I did. I wasn't called back into work for 2 days. In those two days, I stuffed my face with food and watched romance movies that would originally make me vomit, but made me cry instead.

  Going back to the Institute would be hard and stressful, but unfortunately it was my job and I had to stick with it.

  I had walked to the Institute that morning because I wasn't looking forward to the events to follow. Those events being seeing Alec face to face.

  I walked through the doors and ignored everybody's normal reactions to a witch and walked to my room. My heart stopped when I saw the person standing at my room door.

  Alec was leaning against my door looking nervous as ever and fiddling with the bracelet looped around his wrist.

  My plan was to sneak back behind the wall, but it was too late. Alec has already seen me round the corner. He stood up straight and walked to me, looking determined.

  "Y/n, please listen to me! I can explain-" he tried, but I really wasn't having it.

  "No, you listen. I get it, I'm not important to you and I'm worthless. Cool. But don't ever call me a witch ever again. I thought you would know that word had serious boundaries that obviously didn't matter to you."

  "Y/n, baby, listen to me. I was under a spell. Valentine put a spell over me. We had a warlock come in after you left and released me from the spell, but," his voice got softer, "I didn't mean what I said or did. I love you and only you. The kiss meant nothing. But you mean everything to me. Please, forgive me?"

  I blushed. I had just snapped at him when he actually had a good reason to why he said those things. And as usual, Magnus was right.

  And then what he said processed in my brain...

  "Wait, what?! You love me?" I said, my eyes widening.

  "Well, yeah. For a while now, actually," he blushed and looked down.

  "Oh, my god. I love you to Alec." A sudden rush of confidence hit me and I jumped up and kissed him while he was still in shock.

  I pulled back and smirked at his reaction. He was reader than a tomato.

  "I forgive you, Alec. I'm sorry for snapping at you. I... I just needed to get that off my chest, but I guess it really doesn't matter now," I laughed nervously.

  Alec hugged me, "It's not a problem, y/n. What I said was cruel and stupid. I deserved it," I laughed and hugged him back.

  I pulled back first, "So what now?"

  "We go destroy that son of a bitch named, Valentine. You want to come?" He said with a smirk.

  "Hell yeah I want to come," I laughed and took his hand as we made our way to the briefing room.

  Being called a witch had always been a offensive and horrifying thing to me. But as time passed, I forgot more and more about what my mom did and moved on, forgetting her in my past. Alec being the major reason for that. And I could never thank him enough.