Imagine- Why him? (Alec×Reader)

Y/n's POV
This week has been pretty hectic. Jace brought Clary Fairchild back to the Institute, we went to the Silent Brothers, and Alec told me that he is not a fan of Clary. I honestly, like her. Though I'm really just a very kind person, I feel bad for her.

Today we had a mission. Though it was little, stuff had happened. Alec kept making rude comments towards Clary, and I had to calm him down any time he got mad.

Alec was not ever like this. As his girlfriend of 2 years, he never got this erritated or annoyed unless he was protective or jealous over me.

After the mission, we ate dinner at the Institute all together. Clary and I had to do the dishes.

While washing the dishes, Clary and I had a good conversation.
"So, what are we doing tomorrow?" She asked.
"Oh! I really don't know. We could go on a mission or Alec and I will train together. It doesn't really matter to me." I said, happily.
"That reminds me I have a question." She said.
"Shoot."
"Why are you with Alec?" She asked. This made me stop cleaning the dishes.
"What do you mean?" I asked, nervously.
"Why him? He is so rude to everyone and is certainly not someone I would want to be around all the time. And you, you are super sweet and kind. You two are like the opposite." She said.
"I love him. He isn't mean to everyone either. He is just very stressed and angry about you coming. He just likes to be very organized and neat. If you catch him while he's in a good mood, you'd think different. He's so sweet, kind, and loving. He is so protective and caring. He will always be there for you when you need him. I love him so much and I want to spend my life with him." I concluded. She stood there awestruck at my response as if she thought I was going to say something bad. I finished the dishes, and gave her a nod.

I jumped back when, around the corner, a person jumped out and hugged me tight. When I figured out it was Alec, I hugged back. I pulled back to see he had tears running down his face. He was smiling at me too.
"Omg, Alec are you ok? Why are you-" he cut me off by kissing me.
"Thank you." He whispered, as we rested our foreheads against each other's.
"Why?" I whispered back.
"I heard all the things you said to Clary. I love you so so so so much. I love you." He said.
"Alec I love you too. I said all those things because they're true. You are amazing. I love you." I said.
"No, you are amazing. I love you too."
He says.
"Want to cuddle?" I ask.
"HELL YEAH!!" He shouts. I giggle and give him a quick peck on the lips before racing him towards our bedroom.

"I like you. Like, I really like you.
Like, I'm head over heels,
you're on my mind way too much,
I'm singing stupid love songs really like you."
-imjust-a-girl.tumblr

A/N
Thank you so much twilightnightz for this imagine.
~Author