Chapter 4

I reached home and swung the door open, only to be lifted off my feet. I laughed and screamed with joy as a pair of strong arms encircled my waist from behind and spun me around.

"Aiden! Put me down!" I shrieked.

" Okay shortie, " my elder brother replied and he carefully put me down.

"Aiden, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in John Hopkins University? Ya know in Maryland? Not here?" I asked spinning around and looking him in the eye. He is a sophomore in college, so two years older than me.

" University gives breaks, and I thought it would be fun to visit you guys, " He replied smiling and giving me a normal hug.

He has lightly tanned skin and brown eyes like mine. He has dark hair that was a quiff, and he is really tall standing at 6'. His muscles are well defined, but even with our opposite body frames, he is my other half.

Aiden led me to the living room where his laptop was.

" So, you know how I am writing a book? " Aiden asked.

"Of course. You are studying so you can be a writer. What about your book?" I responded.

"Well, I talked to my professor, and he said it is pretty good so far, but he didn't know how teens would react.." Aiden explained .

"So you want me to read it? " I guessed. Aiden nodded and I laughed.

AIDEN POV

Rachel was reading my book (which was only half way done) when I noticed her hands were slightly red.

"What happened to your hands?" I asked as her eyes scanned the screen.

" In gym we were climbing the rope. I got to the top with only my arms, and now my hands hurt, " she replied.

" So, do you have a lot of homework? " I asked.

"Nope. I do most of it during lunch, study hall or later," she answered.

I reached over and closed my laptop.

"Hey! I was getting to a good part," she pouted.

I ignored her and dragged her up and pushed her out the door and into the family car.

"Aiden, where are we going?" Rachel asked.

RACHEL POV

Aiden reached into his bag at a stop light and pulled out a familiar black journal.

He handed it to me and I flipped through it.

"Remember this? It's the notebook in which it has photos from crazy things we did," Aiden explained smiling, his brown eyes twinkling but focused on the road.

There was a picture from when he took me to the small waterfall and we both jumped off, and another picture from when we toilet papered a police officers house.

"We are going to add another memory. Right now," Aiden announced.

I grinned as the black car zoomed down the road.

AIDEN POV

We had been driving for about ten minutes, before we started to get near the town edges.

"Aiden are we leaving town? Mom and dad will freak out," Rachel asked, clearly worried.

" Don't worry. We aren't leaving town. We are simply stealing it, " I replied smirking.

RACHEL POV

"Steal the town? What does that even mean?" I shrieked .

"Well dear sister, we live in a small town, to which there are three access roads. The main one is the one that has the 'Welcome to Stonehenge Falls' sign. We are going to take it, " Aiden explained sarcastically.

" You're joking right? We can't steal town property Aiden. That's breaking the law, " I sputtered.

"Well we are 2 minutes away, I have the supplies, so no I am not joking. Also we CAN steal town property, it's just that we are not SUPPOSED to. Come on Rach. Just live a little," he laughed.

Sure enough two minutes later we pulled up to our town sign that read, 'Welcome To STONEHENGE FALLS - founded 1895'.

"Alrighty, lets start. We will put it back tomorrow night," Aiden announced. He pulled out 2 shovels and handed me one.

"Pose with the shovel!" Aiden cheered. I sighed and stood with the shovel as he pulled out his Polaroid camera and took a picture. We then switched so I could take his photo. After ten minutes of digging, the sign loosened and we pulled it out.

"Go on lift it up squirt," Aiden encouraged . I lifted the sign and he snapped a picture, and we traded spots again so I could take his picture. Then he hugged me with the sign and took a selfie. With a Polaroid. Yep he is that skilled.

We dragged the sign into the woods and buried it under some branches.

Aiden let out a whoop and took out his phone.

"Aiden what are you doing?" I asked.

" Lets take a risk, " he started .

"Aiden.."

" I am calling the cops. Hello? Hi, I am a resident of Stonehenge Falls, and as I was driving with my sister, we noticed the sign was gone. Ok, no problem, " Aiden said nonchalantly.

"AIDEN. What did you do? " I yelled.

"We will leave in five minutes. Calm down shortie, let loose," Aiden commanded .

AIDEN POV

I decided to call the cops, just for fun, and when they came they would see the car pulling away. Fun right?

4 minutes passed, and I could hear the rumble of an engine in the distance.

" Go, go get in the car," I ordered while shoving Rachel into the car. Just as the cops pulled up, we left and I stuck my middle finger out the window.

" AIDEN YOU ARE GOING TO GET US KILLED!" Rachel screamed at me. The police were confused, and then the car started to follow us.

"Aiden. The police are behind us. We are going to get arrested. Oh no. Not good not good," Rachel hyperventilated.

"Rachel calm down. Enjoy the ride," I chuckled while she was freaking out.

About five minutes later, I took a sharp right on an unmarked road. No one used this road so it was safe.

"AIDEN I AM GOING TO KILL YOU," Rachel yelled as I sped down the unused road.

RACHEL POV

Why did Aiden keep laughing? We could have been caught!

"Relax Rach. We wouldn't have been caught," Aiden said.

"And how do you know that?" I asked.

" Simple. Police wouldn't work too hard to find us. They don't care that much, " he laughed.

"What ..." I growled.

" Ha-ha, just the rush and the adrenaline though. Isn't that fun? " Aiden said as he continued to laugh.

Well. He wasn't wrong. The adrenaline coursing through my veins was phenomenal.

But I wasn't telling him that.