Chapter 11

I woke up to the sound of a heart monitor beating steadily. My eyes slowly opened, and I attempted to sit up, only to fail.

"Woah, calm down Rachel. I am Dr. Johnson. You need to rest," a man said as he changed an IV bag.

"Where is Aiden?" I croaked, my voice raspy.

"Your brother? He is in another room. He got hit harder than you did. The police are here, if you are ready right now, they would like to ask you some questions," Dr. Johnson replied. I nodded and he went or call in the police.

Moments later, 2 police officers joined me in the room. One female and one male.

"Hello Rachel, I am Deputy Jessica DeLuco and this is officer  Frank Wade. We have some questions for you," the female cop started.

" Can you describe the car that hit you? " she asked.

" Um. It was an SUV, silver. "

"Anything else?" The make cop, Frank asked as he wrote in his notebook.

" No, I am sorry. "

"Okay. Where were you and your brother going?" Deputy DeLuco asked.

" We were going to a party. Where are my parents? "

"They were informed and are currently in Aiden's room. If you want we could call them in," Frank responded.

" No that's okay. I can see them after you are done questioning me, " I replied.

"Can you remember anything else about the car?" The deputy asked. I closed my eyes an envisioned the crash. The car flipped and it sped away. Then it clicked.

"The license plate. I don't know the order, but some of the numbers were 1-2 and one of the letters was a B. There was a black bumper sticker that said Greenwood," I shot out. The Frank was writing it all down as fast as he could as Deputy DeLuco made a call.

" Yes this is DeLuco. Put out an APB for a Silver SUV that has a license with the numbers 1 and 2 and the letter B. The car also has a black bumper sticker on it that says Greenwood. " She then hung up and they both started to leave the room.

"Thank you for your cooperation," they said and they left the room. Seconds later my parents ran in, their cheeks tear stained and red.

" Oh my god, my baby. Oh your okay, your okay, " my mom breathed out running to me and giving me a hug. My dad followed suit and I was soon squished from the two hugs.

"Mom, dad I am okay. How is Aiden?" I asked once they released me from their death grip.

" He is still out. The doctor said he should be okay, " my dad answered as my mom wiped more years away.

" I thought we lost both of you. We got the call saying that you had been in an accident, and that it was a hit and run. I thought I lost both of my babies, " Mom cried, hugging me again.

"Mom I swear I am fine. What day is it? " I said as she let go again.

" It's Saturday afternoon. Don't worry you didn't miss anything for school, " dad laughed ruffling my hair. Yep  I could have died and I was worried about school. Go me.

" I am afraid I need to ask you to leave. I need to run some more tests on Rachel to make sure she is okay," Dr. Johnson said walking back into the room.

He conducted a series of tests while I was internally freaking out.

"Okay, you should take it easy, and make sure your bandages stay on tight, change them every day. Other than that you can be discharged from here," he said smiling. I looked at my left arm and noticed a casy. Then I saw a bandage wrapped around my left leg. He carefully took out the IV and my dad walked in. He lifted me off the hospital bed and stood me up carefully. With his help I walked to Aiden's room and say on one of the chairs.