Chapter 28

Please read the note at the bottom
I walked into the now familiar hospital with Jared by my side.

"So Rachel, your brother is here as a result of the crash?" Jared asked as we approached the front desk.

" Yeah. He should be getting out in two days. Then in 5 days he has to be back in college so he has only 2 days of being out of the hospital. The last day he is traveling back, " I explained.

"Oh. That sucks."

" Yeah it does, " I said. "Hi we are visiting Aiden Giles."

"Sign in then take a visitors pass," the receptionist said in a bored tone.

"Oh, no please you are to enthusiastic," Jared whispered to me once we walked away from the counter.

"Shut it, he might hear you," I giggled.

"And what will me do? Make me sign so many papers until I die?" Jared joked. We walked into the now familiar room and saw my brother sitting on the bed.

"Hey Aiden," I greeted my brother.

" Yo Rach. Who is this? " he asked.

"Hello, I am Jared. It's a pleasure to meet you," Jared introduced. It was funny how he went from joking to serious with in seconds.

"Chill buddy. As long as you don't hurt or scare my sister, we will get along just fine," Aiden laughed.

" Okay cool. So how ya doing? " Jared asked. I walked out of the room to find some water.

"Rachel? What are you doing here?" An all to familiar voice asked.

"James? I am visiting my brother with Jared. What are you doing here would be a better question," I replied.

"Jared?" James asked. His eyes darkened and he had a serious aura surrounding him.

" You didn't answer my question, " I said.

"Where is he?" James asked.

"You will find out where Jared is once you tell me why you are here," I replied stubbornly.

"I'll tell you what I am doing here once you tell me where Jared is," James retorted.

"No," I said.

" No. Rachel, I just need to know where Jared is because I have to talk to him, " James said.

"Really? You need to talk to him," I said with my eyebrows raised. "You hated him led than an hour ago. I don't think that you would want to have a civil conversation with him."

"Well I never said it would be civil," Jared muttered.

"And you think I will tell you where he is?" I asked incredulously.

"Fine. Don't tell me. But when he hurts you, I get to say I told you so," James said. He turned and jogged down a hall. I had no idea where he was going.

"Hey guys," I said once I walked back until Aiden's room. Aiden and Jared were talking as if they had known each other for years and they were old friends.

"Hey Rach. This guy, is a good person. I approve of him," Aiden greeted.

"Well that's good," I smiled.

"I'll be outside," Jared said. He stood up and walked walked out of the room.

"How is school?" Aiden asked once the door closed.

" Its fine. Aiden, are you sure you will be able to go back to college? You are recovering, and going back to college could make your situation worse. Maybe you should wait, " I said.

"Rach, I will be fine. I promise. You don't need to worry about me," Aiden replied.

"Alright. Should I bring anything tomorrow?" I asked.

"Bring my laptop," Aiden requested.

"Okay. See ya tomorrow," I said. I walked outside and saw Jared standing by the door.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

" Yeah, let's go. "

We walked out to the parking lot and went towards his car.

"Jared!" Someone called. We turned and saw James walking towards us.

" can I help-" Jared started. He was cut of by a punch to the jaw.

" Stay away. Last chance, " James growled.

"What the flump nuggets?" I yelled. James walked away while Jared gingerly rubbed his jaw.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

" Yeah. "

"Okay. I will be back give me a minute," I said. He nodded before I walked towards James.

" James! " I shouted.

"What," James yelled back.

" What was that for? He did nothing, " I said.

"Rachel,  just listen to us and stay away from him," James ordered. He got on his motorcycle and sped off.

"Unbelievable," I scoffed as I sat down in the car.

" Hey it's fine Rachel. A lot of people hate the new guy, " Jared said as he started to pull out.

"But punching you in the jaw? That's going to bruise and be painful," I replied.

"It's fine. Those guys are probably jealous that I get to hang out with a pretty girl," he teased.

" Shut it, " I muttered. I turned to the window to hide the small blush that was rising.

"Aw, are you blushing because I called you pretty?" Jared asked glancing at me. " well I am not lying, you are a beautiful person. Personality and physically. "

"Stop," I whined. "You are making me blush and it's not funny."

" oh it's funny, " Jared laughed.

"Shoosh. Oh here is my house," I said.

" Bye gorgeous, " Jared laughed. I stuck my tongue out and walked into my house.

"Rachel, there you are," Nate greeted me.

"Yeah, Jared dropped me off," I said.

" Jared? Who is this? " Nate asked. I was about to answer when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said as I picked up.

" Hi, is this Rachel Giles? This is agent Gordon at the police station. " the voice in the other end said.

"Yes. Can I help you?" I asked.

" We found the car that crashed into you, you just have to come to confirm it, " agent Gordon said.

"Okay I will be at the station soon. Thank you," I said. Agent Gordon hung up and I put my phone down.

" what happened? " Nate asked.

"They found the car that crashed into us. I have to go to the station to confirm it," I answered.

" Okay, let's go then, " Nate said.

AUTHORS NOTE
Hey guys! So I know that there haven't been many updates, so here is my explanation. I have been traveling around and I haven't gotten a lot of time to write. I have been writing whenever I can but I don't get a lot of time.
Thanks for understanding! And thanks for all the supprt!

-anubluey

Ps I promise there will be an update soon ☺☺