Chapter 21

I sat in my history class, staring at the clock. Slowly the seconds ticked by. Those seconds became minutes. The period seemed to last forever.

"Ms. Giles? Could you answer the question?" My history teacher called, snapping me out of my daze.

"Um, could you repeat the question?" I asked. Oh flump nuggets, I had no idea what Mr. Donovan was even talking about.

"Sure. The question was, who were the axis powers in world war two?"

"Um... Germany, Japan and Italy," I answered.  He nodded and continued with his boring lesson.

Ready for tutoring today? -Kevin

I pursed my lips and begrudgingly replied.

Shouldn't you be in class? -Rachel

Yeah. So? -Kevin

This is why you get lower grades. Now I see, you just don't focus. I was being nice, but you aren't even trying in your class. There will be no tutoring if you don't focus -Rachel

Princess, I will focus. Today. At tutoring :P -Kevin

I frowned and slipped my phone back into my pocket. Really? He wasn't going to pay attention in class? No wonder he was almost failing.

"And here is tonight's homework," Mr. Donovan announced. He walked around the class handing out a sheet of paper. Oh snickerdoodles, I must have been really out of it if I didn't listen to anything the entire class. But then again, when do I listen in social studies? Ugh, Kevin was a bad influence on me. Finally the bell rang and I ran from that class like it was on fire. Yay, time for math. What a joy.

I sat in my math class, as the teacher droned on. The class whizzed by, as always. Before I knew it, my teacher was handing out the homework. The bell rang and I went into the crowded hall and started walking to my safe haven. The library.

Princess, sit with us at lunch -Kevin

No -Rachel

"Hey Rachel, do you wanna join me at lunch?" Someone asked me. I turned and saw Jared walking along side me.

"Um, sure. Yeah, sounds great," I answered.

" Great. I don't really have friends here, and you seem to be one of the only people that isn't a jerk, " Jared smiled. We walked to the library together and sat at one of the back tables. I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, and begrudgingly checked it.

No?-Kevin

What do I get silent treatment?-Kevin

Well then -Kevin

I will kidnap you to make you have lunch with us -Kevin

I have plans with someone else -Rachel

Rachel, you literally never talk to anyone -Kevin

Well I do now. I am having lunch with a friend -Rachel

Really? And what's his name? Mr. Ghostie? -Kevin

You are really a rude prat you know. I am having lunch with Jared he is new and is really nice -Rachel

Jared? Hold up. Rachel get outta their -Kevin

*there -Kevin

What? You can't accept that I might be able to make a new friend? -Rachel

What? No, Rachel just trust me -Kevin

And why would I do that? -Rachel

Rachel you just have to trust me please -Kevin

"Who are you texting?" Jared asked me, peering over my shoulder. I put my phone away and turned to face him.

"This kid named Kevin Garnett. I tutor him."

" Oh. Are you sure you just study? " Jared asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh my god, Jared you are gross!" I yelped grabbing a light book and lightly hit his arm.

" What? For all I know you guys could be just talking the whole time, " Jared laughed as he took the book from me. "I think you have a dirty mind."

" I hate you, " I huffed. We ate our lunches in a comforting silence that was only filled by the ticking of the clock.

AUTHORS NOTE

HEY PEOPLE!! Sorry that this shitty  chapter took so long. I was busy and tired. The next chapter will be a lot better.

ALSO WE GOT TO 9K READS!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH! That took less than a week! I am so thankful for each and every one of you.

If you liked this chapter, consider voting! And comment, tell an what you think!

-anubluey