Chapter 63

My heart dropped when I heard someone say he would die. Aiden was the last person to deserve a death by the hands of a gang. After scanning the room, it was clear that an escape wouldn't be possible. There weren't any windows or vents that were big enough for me to get through. I sat on the floor, defeated.

A few minutes later, I heard voices outside the door. I stood up, ready to throw my body at the person and run. I struggled while standing because of my restraints, but once I was up, I went to the door. The door opened and I tried to throw myself at the person, but I failed. He grabbed my shoulders and forced me backwards.

"Relax," the boy said. He looked like he was 13, 15 at most. "I was sent in to remove your restraints." I held out my wrists and he untied the rope. I untied the rope around my ankles and stood up quickly.

"What's your name?" I asked. He walked to the door and locked it from the inside. He walked back to me and sat down, then gestured for me to follow his actions.

"I'm Gavin," he smiled. "Sorry about this whole kidnapping thing."

"I don't think it's your fault," I chucked. "You are what, 13?"

"14 actually."

"Oh," I muttered. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be living your life at a high school?"

"I go to a public school nearby, and the school day is over."

"Why are you in a gang, Gavin?" I asked. His eyes went dark for a second, but then they were back to their chocolate brown colour.

"I'm sorry, I can't answer that." He started moving his hands at a steady pace, not breaking eye contact with me. He seemed to be making symbols with his hands, and then gestured for me to look at his hands. I looked down and focused. He made a fist with his thumb on the side, then a fist with his thumb in the front and lastly an L with his thumb and index finger.

I thought for a minute and connected the dots. He was signing the letters A-S-L. I nodded and then signed for him to go slowly. He nodded and slowly signed out whatever message he was trying to get to me.

It said, "I saw your brother, Aiden. He is safe for now. You need to just do what they say. Trust me."

I signed back, "Why should I trust you?"

He smiled and signed, "You're not the only prisoner here."

AUTHORS NOTES
Hey guys! Here is a new chapter!
Please support my YouTube channel
Just search anubluey in YouTube
-anubluey