Chapter 14

I fell asleep and woke up to an earthquake. And by earthquake I mean my phone vibrating wildly. I grabbed my phone and saw at least a hundred texts from the guys.I started scrolling through the messages, and one of them caught my eye.

Gonna be there at 8:30 a.m to pick you up- James

I squinted at the time on the screen and saw that it was 8:15. Oh sugar honey iced tea, I had 15 minutes to get ready. I didn't even know what I was getting ready for. I rolled out of bed and limped to my closet. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a hoodie. I hobbled to the bathroom to get ready and to change the stupid bandage on my leg. I propped my leg up on the bath tub edge and carefully unwrapped the cut. Once I removed all the layers I saw the cut. It had stitches and looked deep. Stupid glass, going around slicing my leg open. I wrapped it up in a new bandage and tied the end. I changed my clothes with great difficulty. A fractured arm made it a little hard to get my sweater on, but I managed. The doctor had said I could get the cast off in 2 weeks, because it wasn't that bad of a fracture. Thank god, because that thing was clunky and a pain.

I hobbled down the stairs with my crutch and I was about to walk out the door when my mom stopped me.

"Rachel, where are you going?"

"I am going somewhere with some friends. Don't worry I will be fine," I answered, turning and smiling.

"Okay. If when you get back your dad and I aren't home, we are at the police station or the hospital," mom replied smiling brightly.

"Okay, I'll see you later," I said limping out.

"Yo Rachel," a boy called from the driveway. James ran up to me and helped me to his bike and lifted me on to it. He took my crutch and secured it to the back again.

"Well morning to you to James. Why am I here?" I asked as James climbed atop the bike.

"We are going to the diner for breakfast and just friend bonding time," he replied firing up his bike.

"The diner? Oh Rios. James please go the speed limit," I said wrapping my good arm around him.

"Relax cripple, I'll go the speed limit." James drove down the street and drove in the direction of the diner. What was their attachment with that place? They seemed to go there a lot. I mean they knew the place pretty well.

"Hey James, why do you guys seem to have an attachment to Rios?" I asked while we were stopped at a red light.

JAMES POV

Rios was like any other diner. It was homey and had great food.

"Rios is the place that secured our friendship. That's where Keith, Zack, Kevin and I became really good friends. We know all the staff and they know us because that is the place we always go," I said. That was half true.

In reality Rios was owned by the gang. Gang members and close gang friends worked there. That was where we were admitted into the gang, the place that made us part of the Magan Gang family. To the whole gang Rios was a sacred place.

RACHEL POV

We pulled into the lot of Rios. James helped me off his bike and handed me my crutch. We walked into Rios and joined Zack, Keith and Kevin at a table.

"Morning guys," I greeted.

"Hey Rachel," Zack greeted.

"Hi Rachel, how ya feelin?" Keth asked.

"Morning princess," Kevin greeted.

"I am feeling better thanks. So is there a reason we are here? I know it's not friendly bonding time," I asked narrowing my eyes.

KEVIN POV

Shit.

KEITH POV

Fuck.

ZACK POV

God damn it.

RACHEL POV

They had one of their mental conversation before Kevin spoke.

"Yeah, you are right it's not friendly bonding time. We need your phone."

"Um no thank you, I am good keeping my phone," I said slipping my hand into my hoodie pocket to hold the device.

"Rachel just give your phone," an unfamiliar voice said. I looked up and saw a tall man that looked to be in his early 20's with brown hair.

"Guys what's going on?" I asked, my voice wavering and filled with fear.

"Rachel meet Dave. Really just give us you phone," Zack introduced.

"No. No you guys are crazy for thinking that I would willingly hand over my phone to a stranger or I am crazy for even coming with you guys," I muttered standing up abruptly. Keith and Zack stood up as well.

"Rachel please, just give us your phone," Keith requested.

I ran or more quickly hobbled out of the diner and fell in the grass outside. What did they want with my phone?

KEVIN POV

The guys were going to follow her but I stopped them.

"Don't. Let's give her some time. I'll drive her home," I said standing up. I walked out of the diner and spotted Rachel sitting or laying in the grass. I walked over to her and placed my hand on her back. She turned to me, her brown eyes filled with fear.

"I'm sorry Rachel. I'll drive you home, it that okay?" I said quietly. She nodded and I helped her up. I put her on my bike, strapped the crutch to the back of the bike and with her directions we made it to her house. Other than her saying directions our ride was silent. Once we reached her house I helped her off the bike and gave her the crutch. She ran or speed hobbled inside and shut the door.

Shit. I really fucked up didn't I?

Authors Note

Hello lovelies!

Thanks for all the support with this book! Each vote or comment makes me smile.

I released a new book called That Girl. Check it out if you want. That one is defiantly more funny and light hearted than this book, but still has bad boys and a nerd.

Until next time!

-anubluey