Chapter 6

AIDEN POV

I went upstairs to check on Rachel and saw her asleep with her book in hand. I put a bookmark in the page and put it on her nightstand. I then moved her so she was more comfortable and tucked her blanket around her. She was probably tired from her school day then tutoring. She does to much. How does this girl do it?

KEVIN POV

I scrolled through Rachel's Instagram, so I could see what type of person she was. She had pictures of books, animals and her and some other guy. Classic nerd. I looked at the picture of her and the other guy and she was hugging him. Did she have a boy friend? She didn't strike me as the type to date. I looked at the comments and saw the guy had commented, 'love ya to baby sis.' Okay, so this 'guy' was her brother and based off of his screen name, I would say his name is Aiden. What else would you get from 'aiden64'?

RACHEL POV

I woke up, and for the first time, I dreaded school. I didn't want to be on the receiving end of Kevin getting mad when he finds out I set up a test.

"Rise and shine! Pancakes are downstairs," Aiden yelled barging into my room, leaping on my bed and yanking my thick blanket off. Well that was harsh. I got up and shoved Aiden out of the room and got ready. I had a blue sweatshirt today and navy blue jeans. Not the best outfit, but it would get me through the day.

KEVIN POV

"Kevin wake up! You have to go to school," I heard my brother shout. I groggily sat up and grabbed my phone.

We are joining your tutoring session. NO OBJECTIONS - Keith

I grinned and changed into blue jeans and a grey t-shirt. Those 3 were my real brothers, they would take a boring tutoring session over playing video games without me. We would all go to the fucking sun, burn there, and come back for each other. Brandon would do nothing because he refuses to ruin his perfect record by missing a day of school. He was going back in 2 weeks, and honestly I couldn't wait. Our brotherly bond did better when it was just texting.

RACHEL POV

My parents had to leave early, so Aiden made waffles and drove me to school.

"Text me when the tutoring session ends. See ya!" Aiden said as I got out of the car, and he sped off. Reckless driver. I went to my locker and a tall boy was standing there. Oh god... Kevin. How did he find out?

"Hey Rachel. My friends, Keith, James and Zack are joining us for tutor session today, cool?" He asked.

" Kevin your friends can join tomorrow, today won't be a good day, " I said nervously.

"Fine. Promise?" Kevin said while holding up his pinky. His eyebrows raised and he gestured for me to do the pinky promise. We linked pinkies and he walked away.

KEITH POV

"So what'd she say?" Zack asked.

"She said you guys could come tomorrow. Our tutor days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday," Kevin replied.

" Yo, on Friday we have a gang meeting at the gang house. Marcos said it was a mandatory one, " James cut in. Frig we forgot about that. Our gang was are family. We supported each other and protected each other.

"Fuck. I guess I have to ditch my brother. Not that I'm complaining," Kevin said. The bell rang and we went out separate ways .

RACHEL POV

My day went as normal, but the guys kept trying to talk to me. I kept running away. But I couldn't avoid the inevitable test that Kevin would take. It came to soon. The final bell rang and I was in the library sitting across from Kevin. Finally Ms.Rock showed up.